• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Conoflex Anubis and Anubis plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the TBR could be the rod you are looking for, meant for fixed spool and braid use, and very heavy duty.. If you can find one that is. (y)

Ian.
Great shout ian, and had been suppressing turning to the “dark side” bar a trc or hst evo and for what intended and distances involved don’t need to really bend a rod properly even if I could without regret later.
More of the action and guides ( guides I can change) and finding a balance and if Alvey thing don’t work out nearly won’t matter.
No disrespect to other rod makers but would seem wrong to cosmetically abuse any zziplex unless had been done for me by another, bit like a used woman depends whose trained her and natural aptitude 🤪👍

Last edited:
Great shout ian, and had been suppressing turning to the “dark side” bar a trc or hst evo and for what intended and distances involved don’t need to really bend a rod properly even if I could without regret later.
More of the action and guides ( guides I can change) and finding a balance and if Alvey thing don’t work out nearly won’t matter.
No disrespect to other rod makers but would seem wrong to cosmetically abuse any zziplex unless had been done for me by another, bit like a used woman depends whose trained her and natural aptitude 🤪👍
No one should cosmetically abuse a zziplex, that is just sacrilege.. (y)

Ian.

You'll no wanna see the abuse my zzippies get.
Never washed, never bagged.
Guides glued in, sellotaped on.
Blanks scratched.

They are a fishing rod, not works of art to be hung on a wall.

Use and abuse I say 🤣🤣

You'll no wanna see the abuse my zzippies get.
Never washed, never bagged.
Guides glued in, sellotaped on.
Blanks scratched.

They are a fishing rod, not works of art to be hung on a wall.

Use and abuse I say 🤣🤣
And they have never seen a Cod either Shirl...🤣🤣

Ian.

Must be if you can`t cosmetically abuse them (your words, not mine) Never washed a rod down in my life, reels yes, rods not, just tools with no real moving parts.
Whatever mate.. :D

Ian.

Funny really just have a routine on return before going into house which is stand rod/ rods and rest against wall hose down, along with boots etc🤷🏽‍♂️

Must be if you can`t cosmetically abuse them (your words, not mine) Never washed a rod down in my life, reels yes, rods not, just tools with no real moving parts.

Should probably qualify the above, I have serviced my rods couple of times a year to get rid of salt build up or whatever and oiled rollers / reel seats but in from a trip, into the shower or whatever to keep them shiny, never.

On the back of all the above happy to give home to abused Zziplex trc with guides taped on and for f/s happy to continue to abuse and slap about among other things, but must reflect price and be nice and tight🤪👍

Wearing nothing but sou, wester and clutching my very dirty and scratched babe 😆
Wearing nothing but a "smile" you mean.. :D

Ian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back