• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Conoflex Anubis and Anubis plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an Anubis and use it with a penn 525 in the low position filled with 80lb braid.

After use, a chiropractor is required.

Just a thought, what about a Ron Thompson axelerator?
Thanks for suggestion on the axe a very competent rock and cliff rod pal has one and had a chuck with braid, it hurt really harsh with little give, do you like your Anubis for what it does?

Does anyone know when they stopped making the highlander as was reading some old posts on the “dark side” from think around 2010 where Conoflex had offered to make a few with longer butts ?
Maybe Stan could shed a little light?

Last edited:
Thanks for suggestion on the axe a very competent rock and cliff rod pal has one and had a chuck with braid, it hurt really harsh with little give, do you like your Anubis for what it does?

Difficult to answer.
I'm not the world's greatest caster, (though I do know how to cast) so maybe I'm not getting the best from it?
Also, I've not got round to casting mono on it, so maybe that will tame it?

It's considerably stiffer and longer than the selection of zziplex rods I use.
It's stiffer than the RT axe and daiwa tournament rods I've had in the past as well.

For what it does or for what abuse I give it?

I solely use it at Dungeness point.
Deep water, fast tides, clean ground.
So why so heavy a rod/reel/line?
Tackle snags and the steep bank into deed water. You need 8oz fixed wire leads at times and the ability to pull through tackle snags. At the risk of tempting fate, since using this setup, I've not added to the snags, but cleared a few🤣
With braid, bite detection is very good.

Personally I'd rather fish with a zziplex 2500, much nicer 😀

Difficult to answer.
I'm not the world's greatest caster, (though I do know how to cast) so maybe I'm not getting the best from it?
Also, I've not got round to casting mono on it, so maybe that will tame it?

It's considerably stiffer and longer than the selection of zziplex rods I use.
It's stiffer than the RT axe and daiwa tournament rods I've had in the past as well.

For what it does or for what abuse I give it?

I solely use it at Dungeness point.
Deep water, fast tides, clean ground.
So why so heavy a rod/reel/line?
Tackle snags and the steep bank into deed water. You need 8oz fixed wire leads at times and the ability to pull through tackle snags. At the risk of tempting fate, since using this setup, I've not added to the snags, but cleared a few🤣
With braid, bite detection is very good.

Personally I'd rather fish with a zziplex 2500, much nicer 😀
Sounds like a babe and hand picked for the job 🧜‍♀️ is it the Anubis or Anubis plus ?
Been stiffer than the axe you had is it nicer to cast in general would you say?

Sounds like a babe and hand picked for the job 🧜‍♀️ is it the Anubis or Anubis plus ?
Been stiffer than the axe you had is it nicer to cast in general would you say?
Anubis
I liked my axe's but cast everything with them.
I've not given the Anubis fair comparison.
I'll take it next time I'm out and see how It fairs with normal fishing!

Anubis
I liked my axe's but cast everything with them.
I've not given the Anubis fair comparison.
I'll take it next time I'm out and see how It fairs with normal fishing!
Know what you mean and all very personal with horses for courses and probably not possible but must have a nice tip as not to trip leads in those tides and were a lot of dosh when new compared to the battle axe 👍

Know what you mean and all very personal with horses for courses and probably not possible but must have a nice tip as not to trip leads in those tides and were a lot of dosh when new compared to the battle axe 👍
It's a bit difficult to trip an 8oz fixed out of mud!🤣

Now I understand the axe 😆
Why not stick with what you have mate, if it aint broke and all that... (y)

Think you have run out of rod suggestions.. 🤣

Ian.

I think the TBR could be the rod you are looking for, meant for fixed spool and braid use, and very heavy duty.. If you can find one that is. (y)

Ian.

Why not stick with what you have mate, if it aint broke and all that... (y)

Think you have run out of rod suggestions.. 🤣

Ian.
Used to be indecisive, now not sure 😆, sooo lap of the gods but have gleaned some good info on conoflex and educated self a bit more and should get a play with fs pro sun weather permitting.
Thanks to mr Mike the highlander is still on cards though 👍

Used to be indecisive, now not sure 😆, sooo lap of the gods but have gleaned some good info on conoflex and educated self a bit more and should get a play with fs pro sun weather permitting.
Thanks to mr Mike the highlander is still on cards though 👍
Highlander, rare as rocking horse shit though. TBR or M427 SU, try bending one of them.. ;)

Ian.

I think the TBR could be the rod you are looking for, meant for fixed spool and braid use, and very heavy duty.. If you can find one that is. (y)

Ian.
Could not bring myself to abuse one and managed to get out of system a while back, but haunted by a trc and have been trying to prise one from mates hands ( guides taped on) for an age and knowing my luck will settle on a rod and he will offer it to me😢

Last edited:
Well you only have two options then, pack up fishing, or a JCB.. 🤣 🤣

Ian.

Tumbling dice ian, but there is hope 😀
Let's hope you find the rod for you, looking like you might be going down the GBFS Pro route.. ;)

Ian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back