• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Conoflex Anubis and Anubis plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
May well do Ian but to be honest have three rods that will do it no bother but not with the Alvey bar the gbfs pro mk1 which is rung for the job ( sidecast Alvey) but a tad under gunned as a cliff pole and probably too good, but has enough give with braid not to be harsh. My ss near perfect but it would get old very quick so it’s either a mk2 gbfs pro mk11 costing….. or older blank hack guides off (for Stan👍 ) tape on whatever suited to Alvey reel and yahoo!
Plus five years from now will not be up cliff tops or ledges, in short the Alvey is to blame but it’s a bucket list folly 😂😂👍

Personally I`d simplify the choices and just dump the useless ozzie bit of side cast junk. Unless of course you have an endless supply of swivels. Owned one many years ago, nightmare for line twist.

Much better modern reels with more winching power than an Alvey around these days, but you obviously like it for some reason. (y)

Ian.

Personally I`d simplify the choices and just dump the useless ozzie bit of side cast junk. Unless of course you have an endless supply of swivels. Owned one many years ago, nightmare for line twist.
Plenty of swivels Stan and apparently better with braid but I know what you mean as also had one moons ago on a 8’ pier rod 😂
Think it’s downfall could be using on a night with braid and wind knots but learning to cast with it up field but that’s a different story as we know.

Much better modern reels with more winching power than an Alvey around these days, but you obviously like it for some reason. (y)

Ian.
Bucket list quirk really complicated by braid and lifting potential, should just get a fin nor offshore and be done with it or stick with suffix titanium 37lb mono, breaking out on out cliff edge dodgy I think, something to think about though.

Slightly different tack having only had a conoflex enigma north but looking at all the variation, models and fantastic history of the name how come they threw in the towel do we know?

Slightly different tack having only had a conoflex enigma north but looking at all the variation, models and fantastic history of the name how come they threw in the towel do we know?
Well I know straight from horses mouth but not my business to say on open forum. Suffice to say all creditors were given advance warning and paid in full

Well I know straight from horses mouth but not my business to say on open forum. Suffice to say all creditors were given advance warning and paid in full
Very sad outcome for a huge part of British rod making and history with century been last of mohicans in some respects.
Alvey closed its doors but was rescued also, sign of the times maybe.

One half of the partnership went on to start his own company. Mr Carroll that is.

Ian.

That going back a bit Ian, though weird how things played out
Sadly how the world is these days mate. Conoflex and Zziplex, two great British institutions. :(

Ian.

Well just buy a second hand one and stop buggering about, job's a good un
You have a very good point, but perhaps too easy and like a bit of foreplay, worst is sold one too! 🙄👍

Second worst, know where there is a tip going 😢

Last edited:
You have a very good point, but perhaps too easy and like a bit of foreplay, worst is sold one too! 🙄👍

Second worst know where there is a tip going 😢
That's what you get for buying Chinese crap.. 🤣 🤣

Ian.

Had a Conoflex Black Adder many moons ago, wish i had kept hold of it now.. :(

Ian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back