• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Conoflex Anubis and Anubis plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cwab

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Anyone had and what was your impression.? Oldie but goodie.

My mate had one it was like a scaffold pole he used to puff n grunt casting it lol , i preferred the highlander but times move on and now iv got a century kompressor ss and that can be a handful

My mate had one it was like a scaffold pole he used to puff n grunt casting it lol , i preferred the highlander but times move on and now iv got a century kompressor ss and that can be a handful
Good rods the ss and just enough give for braid, how did you rate the highlander compared to your ss power wise?

You sure are looking at the stiffest rods around mate :eek:.

Ian.

You sure are looking at the stiffest rods around mate :eek:.

Ian.
Just something for lifting with a bit of give for braid which will get some stick and only for gentle lobbing not back breaking with rings taped on for alvey also going to get some hard use.
Definitely a compromise and don’t want to wreck what I have but something will come along am sure.
Plus if honest quite like a quest 😂👍

Last edited:
Good rods the ss and just enough give for braid, how did you rate the highlander compared to your ss power wise?
You could cast a house brick with highlander , lol , to be honest anyone could cast the highlander it was a incredible rod , to this day it’s the only rod iv bent from tip to the butt end it was a mega strange feeling a rod bend like that ,i couldn’t do that now im 60 plus riddled in arthritis and poor health, i have cast the ss but not in anger but on paper id say the ss is more powerful, but conoflex where fishing rods

You could cast a house brick with highlander , lol , to be honest anyone could cast the highlander it was a incredible rod , to this day it’s the only rod iv bent from tip to the butt end it was a mega strange feeling a rod bend like that ,i couldn’t do that now im 60 plus riddled in arthritis and poor health, i have cast the ss but not in anger but on paper id say the ss is more powerful, but conoflex where fishing rods
Thanks for info, the highlander sounds like a handful what was bite detection like for the cod fishing as have a old century raptor which numb compared to my ss but only fish, had a burgundy ttr which was nice to fish with?
Am also sixty plus with dodgy back and usual associated ailments so it’s a gentle fishing low kid of pendulham for me but only need 80 yards or so which is just as well really😂

Did the highlander have a glass tip do we know and when were last ones made out of interest ?

Did the highlander have a glass tip do we know and when were last ones made out of interest ?
Cast iron tip I believe.. :D

Ian.

Cast iron tip I believe.. :D

Ian.
They had a good tip on them could easy see bites on them not as stiff as modern rods yes they was all carbon, I used it all the time when i lived in wales along the Bristol Channel god that brings back memories 30 years ago

They had a good tip on them could easy see bites on them not as stiff as modern rods yes they was all carbon, I used it all the time when i lived in wales along the Bristol Channel god that brings back memories 30 years ago
Wonder how they would compare with todays offerings for pure fishing, have been reading some of your posts from over a decade ago on them all good stuff and know where there is one local to me but needs to be fs rung for Alvey reel.
Don’t suppose you can recall the ring spacing from one of the pair you’d had please as could be a thought but maybe a tad short for fishing up at height🤔

Last edited:
Wonder how they would compare with todays offerings for pure fishing, have been reading some of your posts from over a decade ago on them all good stuff and know where there is one local to me but needs to be fs rung for Alvey reel.
Don’t suppose you can recall the ring spacing from one of the pair you’d had please as could be a thought but maybe a tad short for fishing up at height🤔

Attachments

• IMG_3747.png
    IMG_3747.png
    450.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3748.png
    IMG_3748.png
    587.9 KB · Views: 10
Cwab, why don't you have a look at the Century T1000, would say it is right up your street for what you want to do. ;)

Ian.

Cwab, why don't you have a look at the Century T1000, would say it is right up your street for what you want to do. ;)

Ian.
May well do Ian but to be honest have three rods that will do it no bother but not with the Alvey bar the gbfs pro mk1 which is rung for the job ( sidecast Alvey) but a tad under gunned as a cliff pole and probably too good, but has enough give with braid not to be harsh. My ss near perfect but it would get old very quick so it’s either a mk2 gbfs pro mk11 costing….. or older blank hack guides off (for Stan👍 ) tape on whatever suited to Alvey reel and yahoo!
Plus five years from now will not be up cliff tops or ledges, in short the Alvey is to blame but it’s a bucket list folly 😂😂👍

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back