• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Abu Garcia 6500 C3 CT Mag set up

Go for it, absolute bargain.. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Where do these knobs get their prices from for feck sake. All the Mag Elites I have got from ebay have been bargains in my eyes. Well worth what I paid for them.

Ian.
They only need one idiot and eBay reaches a lot of people.

Here you go Ian try a new one only £130.(y)
That one is now mine (thanks tdxs133pm) ! Dunno if I've mentioned along the way, but I cancelled my original purchase (a later Hi-Speed 6500 model) as seller was bit slow to dispatch with no communication (which always makes me twitch). This one IS with the courier already. Seller accepted £100 offer. Including the additional power handle, I reckon a good deal for an un-used item ! Looking forward to its arrival obviously.
(If I end up not finding need for the extra "power handle" - or simply not like it - I can always sell-on handle for a few quid !)

Q: should I clean out the bearings and re-oil or just add a bit of new oil ?

Last edited:
That one is now mine (thanks tdxs133pm). Dunno if I've mentioned along the way, but I cancelled my original purchase (a later Hi-Speed 6500 model) as seller was bit slow to dispatch with no communication (which always makes me twitch). This one IS with the courier already. Seller accepted £100 offer. Including the additional power handle, I reckon that was a good deal for an un-used item ! Looking forward to its arrival obviously.

Best to clean the bearings and a drop of new rocket oil should suffice.

That one is now mine (thanks tdxs133pm)
No problem,enjoy.You ended up paying less than wingnut55 (Ian) for a new reel.Nice one with the £100 offer and a new Power Handle.
;)(y)
"Bought a better one than that, unused, boxed with everything, £125".

Last edited:
No problem,enjoy.You ended up paying less than wingnut55 (Ian) for a new reel.Nice one with the £100 offer and a new Power Handle.
;)(y)
"Bought a better one than that, unused, boxed with everything, £125".
The one I received today is brand new as well, boxed, tools spare blocks etc. That is five now...Will have four good reels out of the five, one will be used for parts as a bit rough.. (y)

Got my eye on a pair of Chrome Rocket CT's at the moment..;)

Ian.

That one is now mine (thanks tdxs133pm) ! Dunno if I've mentioned along the way, but I cancelled my original purchase (a later Hi-Speed 6500 model) as seller was bit slow to dispatch with no communication (which always makes me twitch). This one IS with the courier already. Seller accepted £100 offer. Including the additional power handle, I reckon a good deal for an un-used item ! Looking forward to its arrival obviously.
(If I end up not finding need for the extra "power handle" - or simply not like it - I can always sell-on handle for a few quid !)

And when you cant use it, I will buy it from you... 🤣 (y)

Ian.

Three Chrome Rockets are now mine, and all three in excellent condition. 🎣 🎣

Had some donkeys years ago, wish I had never got rid of them, beasts, but if you can handle them they fly.. ;)

Ian.

Chrome Rocket 1.jpgChrome Rocket.jpgChrome Rocket 2.jpgChrome Rocket 3.jpg

You mate appear to have more money than sense.;) 28 reels and counting.Don't reply with "Don't Drink" "Don't Smoke" "Don't Gamble":rolleyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Don't buy fishing tackle either... :rolleyes: 🤣:rolleyes:🤣

Ian.

You mate appear to have more money than sense.;) 28 reels and counting.Don't reply with "Don't Drink" "Don't Smoke" "Don't Gamble":rolleyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
No good being the wealthiest man at the Crem... ;)

Ian.

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back