• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Abu Garcia 6500 C3 CT Mag set up

"Synchronized level wind system" - on the box of the CT Black ??
Not the original box Dave, seller did state this in the listing. It's a CT Black, very rare edition, and in superb condition. If I recall, one of Russ (Blakdog)'s favourite reels. (y)

Ian.

That's because the original run was a CS version.Believe CT version was a limited edition.Could be wrong.
Yes CS (level wind) version first, CT came later, and prior to the Black Rocket edition CT.. The original CT's run very very fast, and require a lot of taming. I purchased two CT blacks, one has been centre Magged by Chris Massey. (y)

Ian.

Yes CS (level wind) version first, CT came later, and prior to the Black Rocket edition CT.. The original CT's run very very fast, and require a lot of taming. I purchased two CT blacks, one has been centre Magged by Chris Massey. (y)

Ian.
I found another one of these hidden away the other day that I had forgotten I had :eek:

I lie about how much gear I have to my wife so much now that I've lost track of the actual amount :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

After having a chat with Russ, (Blakdog) his very good advice was to go for mono mags, so am about to purchase a pair from him, much better for the reels when fishing. Centre mag will be removed and mono mag fitted, and mono mag fitted to the other reel. ;)

Thanks for the advice Russ. (y)

Ian.

Last edited:
I found another one of these hidden away the other day that I had forgotten I had :eek:

I lie about how much gear I have to my wife so much now that I've lost track of the actual amount :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
You have a few of the 6500 CT Blacks Russ i believe.(y)

Just ordered two Black Abu flat side Fishing Knobby mag conversions from you mate.(y)

Ian.

Well I couldn't resist a brand new CT Chrome Rocket. ;) (y)

Ian.

Chrome Rocket new.jpgChrome Rocket new 1.jpgChrome Rocket new 2.jpg

You seriously need to check all bodily crevices & orifices for hidden magnets that are strongly attracting you to these multiple items of metal fishing tackle !! 😂😂😂😂😂
Karen has just said if i keep going, we will need a bigger house Dave... 🤣 🤣

Ian.

Funny you should say that, we had this built last year..

Ian.

View attachment 67572
That looks more like a granny annex to me rather than a fishing tackle store. How is granny finding it - is she managing to shuffle past/around the tackle without getting caught ?

Last edited:

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back