• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Where does older tackle rank ?

Am I the only one who has ‘they wank as high as any in Wome’ in my head? 😂😂😂
Trust you Mr Fish, your mucky mind.. 🤣 🤣

Ian.

That's exactly it though I would totally agree with you, these type rods (highlanders etc) are ideal for skate as they are by modern standards pretty short and bend and as such there is less leverage against you whilst fighting (hanging on ) these therefore are ideal but it does not necessarily make them ideal for other types of fishing,
Horses for courses

IMG_20220422_140652.jpg
Would love to know what this old rod is.

IMG_20220422_140628.jpg

Not much to work on
Weirdly, there is one on the bay, a conoflex that looks very similar. But that's an unknown model as well 🙄

Screenshot_20240804-201626.png

Last edited:
Conoflex used those colours but so did Hardy and DAM at various times and, from memory Daiwa also. Conoflex never underwrapped sea rods, neither did Hardy, DAM did on some boat rods.
Sorry Stan, but both my Super-6 beach rod & Patriot boat rod are under whipped/wrapped ;) not easy to see the green on the super-6 but it's there.

Attachments

• P8050004 (1).JPG
    P8050004 (1).JPG
    382.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Give a bit more detail, section lengths, pic's of the joints & full length, handle, butt dia, etc,
Those 2 pics give very little to go on, except there's no under whipping of the rings, so maybe not a sea rod ?
I'll dig it out this week and get some dims and photos 👍

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back