• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

UV protective Clothing??

If normal clothing doesn’t have UV protection, why have I never burned through it? For years I’ve just worn a long sleeved shirt, a hat and any exposed skin gets factor 30 slapped on it. I also wear a pair of fortis polarising sunglasses.

If normal clothing doesn’t have UV protection, why have I never burned through it? For years I’ve just worn a long sleeved shirt, a hat and any exposed skin gets factor 30 slapped on it. I also wear a pair of fortis polarising sunglasses.
What conc says minus the smelly cream stuff, never use it

Very interesting thread, what we have is basically crap weather , clouded over etc, then single periods [hours/day] of what is to our peely wally bodies intense sun exposure.

Which is crap, we don't get the opportunity to "tan" and then get hammered.

It should be noted that after periods of rain the atmosphere will be clear and you can get hammered without realising it or too late in the day.

On my travels abroad, I have visited the pic du midi in the french pyrenees on multiple occasions.
On my second or third trip the entirety of france and Spain had severe storms, they cleared on the friday night sat morning.

On getting the cable cars up the pic we were walking about the observatory around midday when it became apparent that at 9400 odd ft we were cooking in the sun. In fact they actually have an enclosed area where you can sunbathe, naturalist with prior, swimwear otherwise [hey it's france, they do this sort of thing] and the time per half that day was ..........8 minutes!

That's your UV limit for that day at altitude.

Oh one more thing, can we have some more smilies especially one for "interesting". ta

FYI I regularly go fishing 2 or 3 times a week. So how often do you go?
When I don't visit the wife in hospital I go fishing maybe every month or so.

Always wore the right gear when I was fishing in hot places. Long sleeve UPF 40+ or WHY, long trousers. Buff plus peaked cap. I like to flyfish with bare feet when I am in a skiff so I know when I am standing on the flyline, so cover those in factor 50 and keep topping it up. Definitely wear the same in the UK when it's hot but boots instead of bare feet.

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back