• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

A load of gifted rods needing attention/refurb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Wobert I'm here I've Been Fishing nice Pic of the Rods although I'm sure I've seen that Pic Before Worbert or more like Wombat

Jeeze!
FFS, give the guy a break.
Everyone has to start somewhere.
We can't all be born angling legends like me.
I agree with MOST of your statement… 🤔

I do think tbh this is a bit of a harsh ‘welcome’ to a new member.

It has become a bit robust on here at times and the regulars don’t mind it, or we’re used to it, but it must be off putting for someone coming on and asking questions.

I don’t disagree with the advice given but anglers all have different motivations, skill levels, knowledge, priorities etc etc and we should try to recognise that and not throw them in the mosh pit on their first post.

Just my tuppence worth 🤷🏻‍♂️

To repeat @stan m "See what I mean!". Here's a bl**dy picture. Thanks - not. I don't like it here so this is deffo goodbye
They will do you just fine.
Tape on some cheap guides and get fishing.
No need to spend mega bucks.
Invest in angling literature and read all you can.
Watercraft is more important than expensive tackle.

How about pointing me out a single question that has been asked. He / she / it asked for thoughts and did not like the replies.
The first two pages were fine and you and others answered what you could answer, I appreciate the query wasn’t too specific beyond that.

Then imo it became a bit of a pile on, suddenly the guy was a bot (not from you) etc etc.

I get sometimes we read requests and the advice might not be followed or appreciated and it’s a bit of a teeth grinder, but it just seemed to me this thread wasn’t a good look for the forum.

It had echoes of the old wsf days when the cliques were in full swing.

It’s no big deal to me and I wasn’t even going to post, but since Shirl said something I thought I’d add my opinion.

Maybe possible a member close to wobert could offer mentoring in the art of all things piscatorial including rod building🤠
Pictures could be posted of the journey and shared experiences. Edit, anyone close to kernow?

Last edited:
The first two pages were fine and you and others answered what you could answer, I appreciate the query wasn’t too specific beyond that.

Then imo it became a bit of a pile on, suddenly the guy was a bot (not from you) etc etc.

I get sometimes we read requests and the advice might not be followed or appreciated and it’s a bit of a teeth grinder, but it just seemed to me this thread wasn’t a good look for the forum.

It had echoes of the old wsf days when the cliques were in full swing.

It’s no big deal to me and I wasn’t even going to post, but since Shirl said something I thought I’d add my opinion.

He / she / it had the offer of assistance but difficult to assist when no questions were asked. I really do not think it was a serious post with the intent of asking for help (it has always been given). Reply to the questions was along the lines of "there will be plenty more questions when it comes to reels" ????? That was the rods forgotten then

He / she / it had the offer of assistance but difficult to assist when no questions were asked. I really do not think it was a serious post with the intent of asking for help (it has always been given). Reply to the questions was along the lines of "there will be plenty more questions when it comes to reels" ????? That was the rods forgotten then
Perhaps. I agree it wasn’t the most succinct query but we do see a few like that on forums.
Anyway, I’m not losing any sleep over it and have had my say, so… 🤷🏻‍♂️

They will do you just fine.
Tape on some cheap guides and get fishing.
No need to spend mega bucks.
Invest in angling literature and read all you can.
Watercraft is more important than expensive tackle.
Thank you @Shirleycodlin - sanity at last! I reckon though this thread has gone beyond interest to anyone. Delete delete please or can I do that myself ?

He / she / it ? You somehow forgot "Git" - I'm surprised given everything !

He / she / it ? You somehow forgot "Git" - I'm surprised given everything !

Had no intention of calling anybody a git, that would not be nice. You however brought up the subject of females being on the site which was news to me, I don`t know any so I considered that you may indeed be a female of the species or given it is 2024 and "in between" (it) Then again you may have mixed this forum up with WSF. Please, please do not tell me you think our esteemed moderator Shirley is a female:ROFLMAO:

Your post There are female members/fishers on this site. Perhaps the "little boys" on here should grow up and show some respect

Had no intention of calling anybody a git, that would not be nice. You however brought up the subject of females being on the site which was news to me, I don`t know any so I considered that you may indeed be a female of the species or given it is 2024 and "in between" (it) Then again you may have mixed this forum up with WSF. Please, please do not tell me you think our esteemed moderator Shirley is a female:ROFLMAO:

Your post There are female members/fishers on this site. Perhaps the "little boys" on here should grow up and show some respect
Now that you have remarked as above, I have checked-out and see that "Shirle" has quite a decent beard. LOL. Doesn't change things though - some folk on this forum should consider what it takes to be a grown-up respectful male in this day and age !

Now that you have remarked as above, I have checked-out and see that "Shirle" has quite a decent beard. LOL. Doesn't change things though - some folk on this forum should consider what it takes to be a grown-up respectful male in this day and age !
Anything you say, pray tell us "little boys" what does it take. Have a read of this link and you will see what a proper intro to a forum looks like and how that new member was treated or did you not know it was normal to introduce yourself before asking a load of questions, I stand corrected, you have still not asked a single question

Anything you say, pray tell us "little boys" what does it take. Have a read of this link and you will see what a proper intro to a forum looks like and how that new member was treated or did you not know it was normal to introduce yourself before asking a load of questions, I stand corrected, you have still not asked a single question

I think you are up your own arrogant (I'm an elite fisherman) ass frankly @stan m. What else can I say ? I may well continue posting here and may I suggest that you can quite easily ignore any such posts unless you wish to continue to be a complete and utter awkward sh*tty a**hole ! Go consider, although you probably won't cos you are, let it be said, too full of your self-worth !

Last edited:
I think you are up your own arrogant (I'm an elite fisherman) ass frankly @stan m. What else can I say ? I may well continue posting here and may I suggest that you can quite easily ignore any such posts unless you wish to continue to be a complete and utter awkward sh*tty a**hole ! Go consider, although you probably won't cos you are too full of your self-worth !
You can say anything you want, take more than a few typed words to upset me I can assure you. Read back on your own posts and see who is up their own arse (I`m not elite) and who is being a shitty asshole. I have not typed a single thing to be rude to you. You on the other hand have classified most of the forum as little boys, dickheads, arrogant, not grown up, mysoginists and a few more I can`t remember. Anyway go find your safe space, I don`t give a toss. There are loads of forum members that we have good crack betweeen us without bothering with your goodself

I think you are up your own arrogant (I'm an elite fisherman) ass frankly @stan m. What else can I say ? I may well continue posting here and may I suggest that you can quite easily ignore any such posts unless you wish to continue to be a complete and utter awkward sh*tty a**hole ! Go consider, although you probably won't cos you are, let it be said, too full of your self-worth !
I also find your avatar disturbing !

You can say anything you want, take more than a few typed words to upset me I can assure you. Read back on your own posts and see who is up their own arse (I`m not elite) and who is being a shitty asshole. I have not typed a single thing to be rude to you. You on the other hand have classified most of the forum as little boys, dickheads, arrogant, not grown up, mysoginists and a few more I can`t remember. Anyway go find your safe space, I don`t give a toss. There are loads of forum members that we have good crack betweeen us without bothering with your goodself
Yes, I can see that nothing will get through to dent your self-esteem. And there is obviously good-crack between you and yours - self-interested, self-appraising, self-appreciating & largely dim-wit exclusionists.

Last edited:

He forgot twat…. Thats me included now. I was starting to feel sad 😪

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back