• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

A load of gifted rods needing attention/refurb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm! That's gone straight over my head chesilpete
Mate.... I am being a bit mean.
So heres what I think, in my opinion any money put into these rods is wasted.
BUT if emotionally they are important then do them up.
On every trip for the last decade a piece of fishing gear from my departed best friend comes with me.
If you decide not to do them up..... they will make good sticks to plant French beans up! 🫘

This Guy is wind up boys he asks lot questions still no pic of Rods there's been few like him on WSf lately

@Leepip, if you so desperate I'll try get round to pictures shortly, but what will add is debatable as members have already advised (as I knew already) that the itemised rods are not top notch and not worth spending lots of money on. For a few new semi-decent guides, they will however provide practice on rod repairs and allow me to find out what sort of rod/s I like and might prefer to invest bit of money on newer better rods. Any reels I buy will of course transfer. Thank you for your welcome.

P.S. Just cos I ask questions, doesn't mean anyone needs to pick-up/answer. You can just ignore me !!

Last edited:
See what I mean !
If you so desperate I'll try get round to pictures shortly.
Post 42 for me wobert am afraid which is not want you want to hear I know but if it needs to be done for whatever reasons so be it and maybe you will get pleasure from doing and a interesting project if money not a primary concern and a learning curve.
Anyhow best of luck whatever you decide to do and every picture tells a story which could be interesting. 🤠

Post 42 for me wobert am afraid which is not want you want to hear I know but if it needs to be done for whatever reasons so be it and maybe you will get pleasure from doing and a interesting project if money not a primary concern and a learning curve.
Anyhow best of luck whatever you decide to do and every picture tells a story which could be interesting. 🤠
Thank you @Cwab

Why didn't Leepip address me directly with his "thoughts" rather than just dismiss me as "This Guy ..." ? I'm asking questions because I haven't been introduced to fishing by a knowledgeable relative or friend. It's a steep learning curve !
You better ask him why he addressed you like that. I`m still waiting on actual questions and of course pictures.

Yeah OK OK - I'll get around to some pics. As to more questions; they'll come if I can't decide between a narrowed-down list of reel/s!
More questions?????? 50 posts over 3 pages and I don`t remember a single question just asked for thoughts. You got the thoughts from the rods being poor quality, being OK to practise rod building to you being on a wind up. You didn`t seem to like any of the thoughts and thought we were unfriendly and as bad as WSF members. Not sure what you expected, some cuddles maybe. Grow a pair, ask your questions or ask for the thread to be deleted, simples.

Yeah OK OK - I'll get around to some pics. As to more questions; they'll come if I can't decide between a narrowed-down list of reel/s!
Good stuff, it would help if you had a glamorous and scantily clad female assistant to model them please?👍

More questions?????? 50 posts over 3 pages and I don`t remember a single question just asked for thoughts. You got the thoughts from the rods being poor quality, being OK to practise rod building to you being on a wind up. You didn`t seem to like any of the thoughts and thought we were unfriendly and as bad as WSF members. Not sure what you expected, some cuddles maybe. Grow a pair, ask your questions or ask for the thread to be deleted, simples.
I think I will just do that @stan m cos I'm not comfortable here (despite yours and others previous helpful posts). Bo**uks - Bye - slack lines

Last edited:
I think I will just do that @stan m cos I'm not comfortable here (despite yours and others previous helpful posts) Bye - slack lines

Aw diddums, need a thicker skin than that to be on here, we all get the pissed ripped out of us, regular. I don`t remember any of the members having to run for there safe space. More likely that there are no rods as described, hence no photos. I`ve photographed rods for 50 plus years, takes around 5 mins.

To repeat @stan m "See what I mean!". Here's a bl**dy picture. Thanks - not. I don't like it here so this is deffo goodbye

Attachments

• IMG_2188.jpg
    IMG_2188.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 35
Okeydokey, so there never were any rods. Tattie bye bye sweetiepoo:)
See what I mean - take another look @stan m. May I just say that there are some folk here who are up their own .... you know what -sweetiepoo :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back