• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Where do you buy your rigs?

Another example of some recently tied up and overs for another angler

Up & Over’s Plaice……

Asso body 0.80mm
Amnesia snood 20lb

Trident 🔱 Hangover
Trident 🔱 Terma
Trident 🔱 Roto
Power Swivel 100lb

Pop up barrel bead’s ( Green/Yellow )
Attractor beads 5mm ( Green/Orange/Yellow/Black )

Varivas Saltwater Champion hook size 1/0’s
AA8DD6AB-7AD1-4092-90C7-66B045FF7A99.jpeg
26333A61-B23E-4EEB-8D92-7965EF6AE0F0.jpeg
39DB3252-2DC7-4080-A35D-28FB33C5C56E.jpeg
80E16528-3EA7-48B4-ACB7-26ACCADECF38.jpeg

I don’t tie huge amounts for others but when I do I always make sure it’s quality and if I wouldn’t cast it you wouldn’t get it.

Another example of some recently tied up and overs for another angler

Up & Over’s Plaice……

Asso body 0.80mm
Amnesia snood 20lb

Trident 🔱 Hangover
Trident 🔱 Terma
Trident 🔱 Roto
Power Swivel 100lb

Pop up barrel bead’s ( Green/Yellow )
Attractor beads 5mm ( Green/Orange/Yellow/Black )

Varivas Saltwater Champion hook size 1/0’s
View attachment 66626
View attachment 66627
View attachment 66628
View attachment 66629

I don’t tie huge amounts for others but when I do I always make sure it’s quality and if I wouldn’t cast it you wouldn’t get it.
Being a tight fisted old so and so, I cut the SRT springs in half :) Has no effect on the tensioning plus I feel it also makes it look a bit tidier than a fully stretched out slinky :) oh and for you younger ones that do not know what a slinky is, here's a vid:

Being a tight fisted old so and so, I cut the SRT springs in half :) Has no effect on the tensioning plus I feel it also makes it look a bit tidier than a fully stretched out slinky :) oh and for you younger ones that do not know what a slinky is, here's a vid:

I just about remember the slinky’s 😁

Regarding the springs, with those coming in packets of 10’s with the Trident Hangover I just use as they are. For clipped rigs I’ve started recently using the Arno short rig springs for the reasons you mentioned. Much neater.

Sometimes I think about buying some but I get so much enjoyment making my own , tobe honest iv no trust in anyone else’s lol , nothing better than making your own on the kitchen table and having a few beers same time
And as a bonus you get the exact rig you want with the hook style and size you want along with the hook lengths you want.
Start fishing with confidence and watch it all go downhill from there! 😂

And as a bonus you get the exact rig you want with the hook style and size you want along with the hook lengths you want.
Start fishing with confidence and watch it all go downhill from there! 😂
I’ve always preferred tying my own, you know what your getting then.

Regarding when I do for others, there’s some I pre tie but a lot of the lads that have them off me now it’s all custom to what they want, hooks, lines length etc.

Whilst I tie my own and have a stock of them stashed away that might just see me out, I can heartily recommend Kevin 3110👍 If you look back in the classified section you'll see some of his bundles and boxed selections. He kindly tied up a box on winders to my specifications for me to give as a Xmas present. He uses the best components, tied very neatly and accurately and they really are superb

Whilst I tie my own and have a stock of them stashed away that might just see me out, I can heartily recommend Kevin 3110👍 If you look back in the classified section you'll see some of his bundles and boxed selections. He kindly tied up a box on winders to my specifications for me to give as a Xmas present. He uses the best components, tied very neatly and accurately and they really are superb
Appreciate that mate. Thanks

Something a little different I’ve done only this past week. Been using them myself for a while first but having been asked to tie up some rigs with crimped bodies I wanted to ‘ test ‘ them before actually tying for someone else to fish and cast with.

I use a ratcheting crimping tool so it’s done evenly F47B575D-7AE0-43CA-A3FC-4E1CB2DA2B31.jpeg
So far it’s been on pulley rigs and up and overs I’ve used it. I don’t pull and crimp down tight to the components, preferring to leave a little loop as such.
E45B9347-1BF9-46A5-BBD9-FB8886367CBA.jpeg
I also ‘ blob ‘ the ends before teasing down to ensure the line doesn’t come back through before being finally crimpedBC8AC0C7-292D-4226-9494-78429291BBC3.jpeg

Something a little different I’ve done only this past week. Been using them myself for a while first but having been asked to tie up some rigs with crimped bodies I wanted to ‘ test ‘ them before actually tying for someone else to fish and cast with.

I use a ratcheting crimping tool so it’s done evenly View attachment 66809
So far it’s been on pulley rigs and up and overs I’ve used it. I don’t pull and crimp down tight to the components, preferring to leave a little loop as such.
View attachment 66810
I also ‘ blob ‘ the ends before teasing down to ensure the line doesn’t come back through before being finally crimpedView attachment 66811
Looks nice. Paul 'Sandman' Edwards has been using crimps like this for years in combination with the Trident stuff - can see them on the Sandman tackle Time Videos (y)

Looks nice. Paul 'Sandman' Edwards has been using crimps like this for years in combination with the Trident stuff - can see them on the Sandman tackle Time Videos (y)
Yeah, I’ve seen those mate. It’s what made me want to try them myself but never got around to it until I was asked by someone who’s had bits off me. Very neat and no waste on the bodies as your not trimming any tag ends off.

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back