• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Currently eel fishing

I've seen the photos and know the lake.

I think I recognise the lake also but hard to tell from the photos I've seen. If it's where I think it is there are 3 lakes close together. 1 massive lake, 1 around a third of the size of the massive one and then a smaller lake around 1 sixth of the size of the massive one.

Just realised, that common was a new pb🙄
14lbs 4ozs
Up from 13lbs 14ozs. Mind you, that was a wild river common.

Thought we should see the Record Eel.

1719603688727.png

An eel caught by Steve Ricketts from a Southern stillwater earlier this month has been ratified as a British record by the British Record Fish Committee.

Steve's fish - weighing 11lb 3oz - beats by just one ounce Mr S Terry’s longest-standing current British coarse fish record of 11lb 2oz, from 1978

Thought we should see the Record Eel.

View attachment 66206

An eel caught by Steve Ricketts from a Southern stillwater earlier this month has been ratified as a British record by the British Record Fish Committee.

Steve's fish - weighing 11lb 3oz - beats by just one ounce Mr S Terry’s longest-standing current British coarse fish record of 11lb 2oz, from 1978
The girth on that Eel is unbelievable. It a seriously impressive fish 👏 Of all the British records that is the one I would most like to have 😃

New still water pb and a pb for me at the new lake.
6 tonight.
Lots of missed runs, but still striking early to avoid deep hooking.

IMG_20240703_213433_HDR.jpg

Not the best photo but it's what it is!

6 tonight.

View attachment 66491

I would never fish for stuff like that.

But would sit there and watch the angler all day.

Nice fish

6 tonight.

View attachment 66491

Lovely fish Shirleycodlin, well done man 👏
Getting that balance between hitting runs and not deep hooking fish is always difficult but better to miss a few than deep hook them. I always tell myself the missed runs were bootlaces that couldn't get the bait in their tiny mouths, make me feel better 😆

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back