• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Currently carping

I'm netting my lake tomorrow as we have had an explosion of small Carp this last 2 years so netting 12 acres of water to remove as many as possible to other lakes, all health checks done so good to go, could be an interesting day.

Another great report & phtots Ouchy - well done to you and Ouchy Junior. 🎣🎣👍👍

Freshwater fishing isn't my 'thing', but that was an excellent read.

Netting went ok, shifted about 500lb of 4 inch Carp.
View attachment 71784View attachment 71785

I got roped in for similar some years back - a couple of mates that used to Coarse fish wanted to net their small club lake and move some fish elsewhere. I had a pickup truck at the time, and got asked if they could put the live fish tanks in it. In return, I had a few Commons and a nice Mirror Carp for the pond at the cottage. Bloody Heron had speared nearly all of them by the time I had to move out. 🙄🙄

I got roped in for similar some years back - a couple of mates that used to Coarse fish wanted to net their small club lake and move some fish elsewhere. I had a pickup truck at the time, and got asked if they could put the live fish tanks in it. In return, I had a few Commons and a nice Mirror Carp for the pond at the cottage. Bloody Heron had speared nearly all of them by the time I had to move out. 🙄🙄
yea its hard work trying to keep a balance between having new stock coming through and and having to many. The lake i look after is one of the most prolific spawning waters in the country and fish from this lake have gone on to stock many a famous fishery with some very well known Carp. It takes up alot of mine and sons time trying to keep the balance right. We have another netting in a few weeks with a new net that has just cost 4k. got half a ton of pellet coming next week to feed the lake once we have shifted some more of the smalll ones as i dont want to waste it on the small ones. All good fun and keeps me busy (y)

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back