• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Zziplex Bullet Hi-Flex's incoming.

Well not long back from Bexhill-On-Sea, made a day of it with our little Shi-Tzu Molly, traffic was hell their and back, but a nice day all in all. Picked the Rod up and then drove along to Eastbourne and had a chat with Tony ie Tony's Tackle, was hoping he might have had some second hand zzipies in, but alas not one. :( Then went on the prom for lunch.:)

Thank you for all the Birthday wishes..(y)

Ian.

The Zziplex Dymic LT 14 is very neat, Karen did well, unground blank with Minima 4 stainless steel guides and reducer. All in all a nice rod.🎣
Spigots a bit tight, but soon sort that out with good old 3in1 with PTFE. 🎣
View attachment 71644View attachment 71645View attachment 71646View attachment 71647View attachment 71648
I used lt14 hiflexs for a few years, still have one. Great rods lt14s

Ian, unless one of the brighter rod builder boys posts otherwise..... remember they may absolutely know better!.
I have taken off a lot of reel seats and removed reducers.
Boiling water repeatedly and twisting will generally do it.
I don't like direct heat other than boiling water, but in every event I have got the seat off or the reducer out.
Patience is the key.... but you will win in the end, if you can be bothered.

Ian, unless one of the brighter rod builder boys posts otherwise..... remember they may absolutely know better!.
I have taken off a lot of reel seats and removed reducers.
Boiling water repeatedly and twisting will generally do it.
I don't like direct heat other than boiling water, but in every event I have got the seat off or the reducer out.
Patience is the key.... but you will win in the end, if you can be bothered.
Pete, i must confess i detest fixed reel seats, you can have your reel seat anywhere on the butt without the need to glue the feckin thing on, and why do people glue reducers in, but that is just me. I knew about the reel seats and reducers when i bought the Bullet Hi-Flex's, but i am going to remove the seats and reducers at some point, and will give your advise a go. (y)

Ian.

Oooo tt lites I've got a pair should use them more vastly underated rod
They are great rods.
From double figure Rays, Conger, smooth hounds over mixed ground to small flatties over clean, Float fishing, heavy lures, Close in Bass fishing on mixed to rough ground.
Puts a 4 oz lead out a long way with little effort but have swung upto 6oz out into fast tides.
Shame they stopped producing them.

I'm afraid unless you show us using your collection of zziplex memorabilia you're going onto the boring list.

I'm afraid unless you show us using your collection of zziplex memorabilia you're going onto the boring list.
Oh oh that's me off the xmas list, just been having a dust off.... that's about 70% and not the rods i use.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241016_140843_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20241016_140843_WhatsApp.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 26
I will be next to your name then pal..

Ian.

Ian has put his reports up before.... this is his thread you are writing on.
Now @mojocvh whilst suggesting that someone who has posted fishing reports is in fact boring...... right?.
I had a quick flick through your postings and no fishing reports jumped out at me..... could you link one here so we can see that your not one of those odd people that shouts a lot but contributes fuck all while shitting on a decent thread..... please? pretty please???

Someone boasting of building up a collection of unused legacy rods makes an interesting thread? you are stretching credibility there.

Tight Lines. Well that's if you use them.

Oh and the reason you don't see me boasting about fishing is the threads really do turn to "fuck all while shitting on a decent thread" to quote yourself, due to people just like you.

Someone boasting of building up a collection of unused legacy rods makes an interesting thread? you are stretching credibility there.

Tight Lines. Well that's if you use them.

Oh and the reason you don't see me boasting about fishing is the threads really do turn to "fuck all while shitting on a decent thread" to quote yourself, due to people just like you.
Oooh I do fish I put up catch reports... many of those rods have a purpose. Fishing overseas, fishing rough ground fixed spool or multiplier. I have no doubt they will all get used either by me or my mates.
Just like many on this site I have accumulated a lot of gear over time, I think I am entitled to keep what I have or buy more just like Ian.
In essence your comment above says that you do go fishing but you won't share or post reports.
Well there are no rules that you should but taking a bite out of Ian or the many multiple rod owners on here does seem a bit rediculous.
How about showing your angling prowess off just a bit so that it gives some substance to all the useful advice you share out almost daily.

The point is this is Ians thread and he's enjoying buying gear and trying it.... I don't really see why he's being criticised or being called boring.
Many of us on here quite enjoy some tackle talk and like buying and experimenting with gear.....
I just don't think it's fair for him to be insulted on his own thread.
More appropriate would be a new thread on banter where the rod buying members are generally insulted!.

Oh dear, is this a bad time to mention Karen took me to Kent today to pick up another zziplex Bullet Hi-Flex Mk2, being im on the boring list already. ;) More feckin zziplex memorabilia.:eek:

Ian.
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back