• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Which fastlink clips are stronger ,Seadra X Strong or Breakaway

Yep. But I am trying to get to the bottom of which are stronger seadra or breakway..

Appears nobody knows

Breakaway list their breaking strength as do Tactical Anglers.

But I can't find any info on seadra and they don't appear to have a website..

Have edited the title to make it clearer which info I am after. Original title was bit misleading
You could always test them yourself or just use the breakaway ones if they are adequate. I am surprised that the seadra ones have no Bs

as I keep saying. I know what breaking strain of breakaway is (80lb) I simply want to know if the seadra X are stronger... same as I know the TA clips are stronger.

Is a straight forward question..

I can do many many other types of connections for all sorts of scenarios.. I can make any clips I want to ... but that is not the question I am asking...

As it turns out.. it seems these are no public specs for the seadra.. so nobody has the answer unless they tested themselves..

I will buy both as I am ordering bunch of stuff from veals.

Seeing as they're a Veals own brand, maybe try calling them and asking them what the breaking strain is of the clips?
They're about the only people who could give you an accurate answer unless a forum member has tested them and sees this post, but that's very unlikely.

Seeing as they're a Veals own brand, maybe try calling them and asking them what the breaking strain is of the clips?
They're about the only people who could give you an accurate answer unless a forum member has tested them and sees this post, but that's very unlikely.
Spoke to them already, and surprise surprise said they are stronger than the breakaway, but when I asked them for specs they don't have... go figure.

That does seem strange that they don't have the info on their strength but claim they're stronger than competitors.

What strength of clips are you looking for exactly? Or are you just trying to find the strongest clips of a specific size?

That does seem strange that they don't have the info on their strength but claim they're stronger than competitors.

What strength of clips are you looking for exactly? Or are you just trying to find the strongest clips of a specific size?
I've been asking that exact question without response! Talk about making mountains out of molehills 🙄

We did some market research a while ago, and that was one of the things that was asked about all the time is B/S on terminal tackle.

When we rebranded all the Tronixpro stuff, starting with the SS2 (Stainless Steel Range), they were added to the new packets. Obviously, you can't put breaking strains on a product without testing it, so a test bed was purchased, and some boffin came in and did all the breaking strains. The B/S are higher than those stated on the packet - but when you start putting odd numbers on packets, it does many people's OCD in. The problem with a packaging change is it can take 3 or 4 years to filter through to shops, I still see the old silver packaging in shops today and that's almost 14 years old.

When said boffin came in, he tested a load of other brands, just for curiosity’s sake, and it was found that some brands were breaking just at or just under the stated B/S. I'm taking a guess that with those brands, they're rounding up to try to keep to even numbers (like we rounded down to keep the even numbers). There were a couple of budget brands that were well below.

For the record, Seadra wasn't one of them, Seadra wasn't around then.

I've been asking that exact question without response! Talk about making mountains out of molehills 🙄
I'm clearing being thick here
As far as I can see, the op was simply asking which one was stronger.
Not if he should make his own, not what he was using them for, not which one was best, not what ones other people use. Simply, which one was the strongest out of breakaway or sedra?

Or have I missed something?

At the end of the day, none of the end gear we use is 100% guaranteed, so you make your choice and pay your money. (y)

Ian.

Not if he should make his own, not what he was using them for, not which one was best, not what ones other people use. Simply, which one was the strongest out of breakaway or sedra?

The title has been changed

Exactly... but all is good! Forums are for conversation, so turns out I learned few things along the way anyway... Except which are stronger... hahahaha

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back