• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Advice TSR or Blue Yonder

I don't think so.
So how the heck did/do they get away with stamping "made in Sweden" on them? Not looked at a new one for many years but I'm pretty sure the far E versions all had that stamped on the side plates, at least that's what I remember? Maybe I've got it wrong?

So how the heck did/do they get away with stamping "made in Sweden" on them? Not looked at a new one for many years but I'm pretty sure the far E versions all had that stamped on the side plates, at least that's what I remember? Maybe I've got it wrong?

Out of curiosity, I just had a look through the new Abu Multiplier reels on eBay. Not one has "Made in Sweden" on them, and none of the sellers are listing country of manufacture either, which they usually do.

Chinese parts and assembled in Sweden?

Chinese parts and assembled in Sweden?
Like he said ... on a robot production line I believe. It is the same with most of the other stuff since the early 2000s ... including the Red 6500 High Speed which used to be sent out with loose handle nuts off the line.

I've got a pair of TSRs, had them for years, just stuck in a drawer now. I even spoke to Blakdog about them at the time. It seemed no matter what I did to them, they were either just very slow unless I backed the remaining mags totally off because uncontrollable. I removed all the brake blocks and some of the magnets, gave up in the end and put them in a drawer. If I remember rightly, BD recommend removing the ratchet as it was causing drag and fitting a speed bullet. I just bought some new reels instead 🤣

Just took the plunge and purchased a brand new Ambassadeur 6500 Mag BY. (y)

Ian.

You really are a keen collecter Ian👍
I am sure it is an illness Tops.. ;)

I intend to use it, if I like it then will get a second one.

Ian.

Reel arrived today.

Ian.

BY 1.jpgBY 2.jpgBY 3.jpgBY 4.jpgBY 5.jpgBY 6.jpg

6500i TSR purchased, should be here Tuesday. I did say I might have to get one of each.. :D

Ian.

TSR arrived today, in A+ condition. (y)

Ian.

TSR.jpgTSR 1.jpgTSR 2.jpgTSR 3.jpg

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back