• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West SOME LIKE IT HOT...

I was based at Isleworth back in the early 80’s. Spent a lot of time updating the OS maps in Heathrow. Probably quite interesting but this out and out country boy was very miserable.
I met a guy who was working down here as a chef - he went on to become one of my best mates, but sadly he is no longer alive. His parents had a houseboat on the Thames at Isleworth, and I have many fond memories of fishing & getting drunk until the early hours from the deck of the houseboat - how we never fell in, I don't know!

Ease up Muvva Brown, ease up Muvva Brown, off to London you must go, eeyah eeyah eeyah oh...
Innitt...
Ease? I thought it were Knees? ??

I was going to leave the deleted posts but it was only heading one way.
Let's keep this thread about fishing!
Excellent call SC.
I guess we'll have to learn to ignore the bait left by certain individuals whose intentions are to provocate and stir things up, which I was also sucked into. Plus it nearly killed a fun, lively thread stone dead. Good old Trampster has rescued it.
As you say "keep it to fishing".
So...are you out this weekend?

Excellent call SC.
I guess we'll have to learn to ignore the bait left by certain individuals whose intentions are to provocate and stir things up, which I was also sucked into. Plus it nearly killed a fun, lively thread stone dead. Good old Trampster has rescued it.
As you say "keep it to fishing".
So...are you out this weekend?
Hopefully out for a Dangle with Jhon later, but still not much about. At least new rod arrived this morning - only took 8 days to get here on 48hr delivery! ??

Yeah but aint it nice to stand in the wind now and feel cool rather than the sticky hot unfishable stuff we just had.
What rod you get tramp?
Been looking for a medium weight lure rod for metals, Dexter wedges & similar. Didn't want to spend a lot and wasn't sure what to get. John suggested a lighter one, but I don't use light plastic lures (or sex toys!) Got a 9ft Abu Garcia Tormentor 20-60gms - £39.99. Very pleased with the finish & quality of it for the money - quite a good bag too. Just also bought some 60gm Razorclaw Silver Minnows too and already have some SG Seekers amongst others. John is going to fix me up with a 2nd hand Shimano reel, and we'll be good to go!

Easy boys, I got some stick for jokingly bringing that up in the Euros thread.
Yeah I read that. I thought you were funny, I took it the way it meant. Problem is that somebody, somewhere won't, mein Herr..!
Anyways.. back to fishing, and Trampster, your new nine footer will have plenty of whip for metals. I've found my perfect match ie: eleven foot for 35g metals and upwards. But my old nine footer allowed me better swingroom on cramped rocky marks and caught many a fish.

Last edited:
Yeah I read that. I thought you were funny, I took it the way it meant. Problem is that somebody, somewhere won't, mein Herr..!
Anyways.. back to fishing, and Trampster, your new nine footer will have plenty of whip for metals. I've found my perfect match ie: eleven foot for 35g metals and upwards. But my old nine footer allowed me better swingroom on cramped rocky marks and caught many a fish.
They do quite a range in those Abu Tormentor rods, either conventional two piece or four piece travel rods. I had the choice of 7-28g or 20-60g 9ft, or 10-40g 10ft, all around £40. Having quite a few heavy Dexters & lures, plus just bought them 60g Razorclaws, the 9ft 20-60g seemed the best option.

Wouldn't want to be on the rocks here for a day or two!!! The school kids broke up today and usually jump off the harbour but no chance of that so they ran into the surf,of course one of them nearly drowned doh The parents want there feking heads read!!!!!!

Wouldn't want to be on the rocks here for a day or two!!! The school kids broke up today and usually jump off the harbour but no chance of that so they ran into the surf,of course one of them nearly drowned doh The parents want there feking heads read!!!!!!
Natural selection ??‍♂️

I think these bleddy kids & teenagers think they are invincible. Half a mile up the road from ours at 10pm tonight, came across two teenagers on pushbikes, both dressed in black, no lights, zigzagging across both lanes of the road in front of the cars for the hell of it.

Last edited:
Natural selection ??‍♂️
Say anything to the parents and you get a mouthful!! I told a couple awhile back to not expect me to drag the kids bloated body out of the sea that shocked them into making the kids get out the water! No fishing here for awhile!!! Someone left a punt on the beach and it's floating about in pieces!!!

Say anything to the parents and you get a mouthful!! I told a couple awhile back to not expect me to drag the kids bloated body out of the sea that shocked them into making the kids get out the water! No fishing here for awhile!!! Someone left a punt on the beach and it's floating about in pieces!!!
They should stick to making sandcastles.

Back