• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Cogden, I would stay well clear!

I’m happy to send a few leads into the water. Bit rusty so my timing could be a bit off and end up hitting random objects
Like a "red boat" you mean.. ;)

Ian.

Swines. There should be a rule for no pots/nets within, say, 300 metres of the shoreline all around the UK.
There were pots or something set to catch the Wrasse for the Scottish Salmon farms about 50 metres off my favourite Pier mark here.
Not been down there for 6 months, so don't know if they are still there.
wrasse traps on mount batten have been gone since christmas. small pollock and some gar around on outside.

wrasse traps on mount batten have been gone since christmas. small pollock and some gar around on outside.
Thanks Eves. 👍👍

I have seen this twonk dropping pots and nets.
He has been politely asked to do it a little further out...
I think the reason he puts them so close is because hes worried about having his gear trawled by other boats.
But its gotta stop.
I think legally that we can pull this gear up the beach as long as we do not destroy it or remove it.
Simply get one end and drag it up and leave it above the high water mark.

As expected there are hundreds of regulations about netting covering pages. I had a quick look and it looks like Cogden is within the Lyme Bay Net Restriction Area which I think covers up to a mile out. However then there are exemptions with permits etc etc and its not clear if he was netting. There's a good chance he was as I couldn't see him dropping pots. Whatever he was doing he finished right infront of squid and dropped a buoy
Me and mate fished west bexington on Monday, no bites or fish all day, found out this boat was responsible. £50 fuel £50 bait. £15 parking not worth it

Not my call hopefully the powers that be will see sence 👏🏻
Fingers crossed for you Tats, hope you get to fish, but if the twat is about, not likely.. :(

Ian.

Back