• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Cogden, I would stay well clear!

Just to say I emailed the MMO yesterday and recieved a reply, not that I was expecting one. The lady said that this boat wasn't doing anything wrong as such other than being selfish I guess. That said she did leave me a mobile number so that any incidents/issues anglers have then it cab be documented and I'm guessing if there are plenty of complaints then something will hopefully be done.
This is the number and part of the email I received. Hopefully plenty will report incidents involving this and other boats. Name, number of boat and the incident is I guess what they need to know.
Screenshot_20240426_124202_Gmail.jpg

Just to say I emailed the MMO yesterday and recieved a reply, not that I was expecting one. The lady said that this boat wasn't doing anything wrong as such other than being selfish I guess. That said she did leave me a mobile number so that any incidents/issues anglers have then it cab be documented and I'm guessing if there are plenty of complaints then something will hopefully be done.
This is the number and part of the email I received. Hopefully plenty will report incidents involving this and other boats. Name, number of boat and the incident is I guess what they need to know.
View attachment 62887

She is based near Penzance, which I find a bit strange covering an incident near West Bay. 😍😍

View attachment 62887

She is based near Penzance, which I find a bit strange covering an incident near West Bay. 😍😍

Ms. Donnchadna is possibly even further away than that.😎

If anyone is thinking of fishing chesil and has now changed thier plans due to the commercial activity, please send a message to Anna. The more people that do, the more likely it is a resolution can be found that all parties are happy with. For example you guys that have the club match, everyone of you needs to message her to explain why it's being moved. We are all shareholders in the sea, it belongs to all of us and unless we shout, we won't be included.

Well then social media worked a treat got there to an empty car park 🤣was at net running far right towards cogden and one up near abbo apart from that we had no issues at all quite a few soecis caught loads of dogs few plaice pout straps macs bream sole se rays hounds Huss interestingly every thing was at range nothing in close

Similar report on the Dark side yesterday morning, with a text number for "gear conflict" with RSA's.

1714213729918.png

From what I've been told, there are certain areas not allowed to be netted. Basically there are nets on every area allowed. I think the area between abbo and bexy in no pots/nets, then the area after Burton mere no nets/pots again. Good to know there were fish at bexy 👍

hes targeting the beach for a reason to upset anglers after last years sole petition!

Nothings changed and the anglers got laughed at in the consultations.

Time to sink a boat

Attachments

• IMG_2200.png
    IMG_2200.png
    977.5 KB · Views: 22
I have seen this twonk dropping pots and nets.
He has been politely asked to do it a little further out...
I think the reason he puts them so close is because hes worried about having his gear trawled by other boats.
But its gotta stop.
I think legally that we can pull this gear up the beach as long as we do not destroy it or remove it.
Simply get one end and drag it up and leave it above the high water mark.
Quite happy to help with that

Back