• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Where do you buy your rigs?

SteveKent

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
I know some anglers are confident making their own rigs, sadly that isn't me!

I usually pick up a few in the tackle shop when I collect my bait but I have no clue if they are any good or of decent value.

Where is the go to place for rigs or shall I just stick with the bait shop?

That's an easy one to answer! Our very own @kevothefish should be able to sort you out with a selection! Good quality rigs.

https://www.seaswestshop.uk/ Looks like Kev's site is down for maintainance but you could drop him a personal message on here.

I often tie my own. One thing I will say is avoid anything from WSB Tackle. I bought some rigs of theirs - the knots were badly tied and the rigs were falling apart straight out of the packet.

Sometimes I think about buying some but I get so much enjoyment making my own , tobe honest iv no trust in anyone else’s lol , nothing better than making your own on the kitchen table and having a few beers same time

Sometimes I think about buying some but I get so much enjoyment making my own , tobe honest iv no trust in anyone else’s lol , nothing better than making your own on the kitchen table and having a few beers same time
I think some people have such hectic lives that it is easier for them to spend £30 on a rig pack rather than get all the components and spend the time tying them up and save the free time for the actual fishing.

Luckily for me I am in a situation when I can pick and choose my orders so do not have to frantically flood social media with posts trying to convince the viewer to buy their rigs as so many are doing.

I have a few from here.Good quality,plenty of choice.
Another vote for these.... I really like these 3 hook rigs.
Nothing againt kevs but these fish really well.

@Kevin3110 on here ties quality ones from what I have seen of them
Personally I tie my own although the older I get the more I am thinking about buying some
Thanks mate, appreciate the kind words. If anyone reading this is interested or would like me to post up some of what I tie I can. I do have a group on Facebook too that has plenty of pics/clips of the bits also.

Here’s a recent example of something I’ve sorted for another angler.

With a more detailed description below

Now Available……

Tronixpro rig case including 10x rig’s on winders

. 5x Short Pulley Pennel

Trident 🔱 Dynaform
Trident 🔱 Terma
Trident 🔱 Kicker
Power Swivel 195lb

Varivas Big Mouth Xtra 3/0
Varivas Circle 4/0

Circle tied directly above using the knotless knot

. 5x Up & Over’s

Trident 🔱 Terma
Trident 🔱 Roto
Trident 🔱 Hangover
Power Swivel 195lb
Power Swivel 60lb

Varivas Big Mouth Xtra 3/0
Mustad Chinu 3/0

Message if interested 🎣🦈🦈🦈

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back