• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Swanage

Evening fishing people, feel this thread is going on a bad tangent so wish to clarify my op a bit.
Firstly I was not trying to keep the mark secret as it is a known ray mark and people familiar with the bay would've figured easily where I was and believe me if you've parked close you've driven off a cliff.
Second reason for not being coordinates specific is the tides can and will cut you off and if you're a few hundred metres either side you are well and truly stuck between a rock and a very wet place.
I first fished Swanage Bay 34 years ago and in my eagerness I still made 1 mistake after triple checking wind speed and directions and tide heights I overlooked probably the most critical piece of information, and that was the ground swell, fortunately where I was I had plenty of room but it did mean I had to stay an hour later than planned which meant a very tired me at work next day.
Keep posting fishing reports because I appreciate them as work is hindering my attempts to fish as much as I would like,
Keep safe be nice and enjoy what we all love, fishing.
Well said Trev
Glad you and Pete caught target species
As you probably know I had a epic session on the s/eyes few weeks ago , couldn’t be arsed to put a post up tagged on the back of turkunta joe report for the very reason of
negative vibes from keyboard warriors
not putting the effort or time to try for
themselves
Keep going I’m sure it’s going to be epic
for you this year and fk the prks who think
they know best ....

Evening fishing people, feel this thread is going on a bad tangent so wish to clarify my op a bit.
Firstly I was not trying to keep the mark secret as it is a known ray mark and people familiar with the bay would've figured easily where I was and believe me if you've parked close you've driven off a cliff.
Second reason for not being coordinates specific is the tides can and will cut you off and if you're a few hundred metres either side you are well and truly stuck between a rock and a very wet place.
I first fished Swanage Bay 34 years ago and in my eagerness I still made 1 mistake after triple checking wind speed and directions and tide heights I overlooked probably the most critical piece of information, and that was the ground swell, fortunately where I was I had plenty of room but it did mean I had to stay an hour later than planned which meant a very tired me at work next day.
Keep posting fishing reports because I appreciate them as work is hindering my attempts to fish as much as I would like,
Keep safe be nice and enjoy what we all love, fishing.
Nice catch report and well done. I've moved to Swanage recently and haven't had much luck yet. I've considered going towards the cliffs but what you have said makes me concerned about getting cut off, please can you elaborate on the safe area you have mentioned, even if by email to iw.rand@gmail.com Many thanks for your help and well done on your catch again.

Great report mate, nice pic too... 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back