• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Now they want to protect the crabs. 🙄

concrete

Reaction score
Rather than ban bait collecting, maybe they should prosecute the Chinese families who are picking the shoreline clean. I’ve seen them at it so many times, but they are just let off all the time. It can all be found on the Angling Trust’s website.

8C878D56-89C4-475F-A664-9FED4EC244A9.png

The other day I watched a group of Chinese moving in a long line collecting anything & every thing, off my local beach.They also go up my local pier catching all the squid & anything else they can catch, & keeping it all regardless of size. !!!!

Rather than ban bait collecting, maybe they should prosecute the Chinese families who are picking the shoreline clean. I’ve seen them at it so many times, but they are just let off all the time. It can all be found on the Angling Trust’s website.

View attachment 71638
So is the AT doing anything?
Or are they just waiting for someone else and then jump on it like it is them doing it?

There was an organised massive cull of Rock (Pacific) oysters in the SW a few years back, due to a rapid expansion of the "invader". Not sure about any more recent/repeat culls.

(Apparently they were not harvested for consumption - merely crunched to death in situ !! But no doubt fish enjoyed their easy meal and got a bit plumper on the next tide.)

Last edited:

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back