• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East Longstanding PB finally beaten!!

Stormtrooper

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Hi all! I’ve not been on here for too long and for that I apologise. Truth be told, fishing has been tough the last couple of months down Kent way and although I have been catching, nothing has really been exciting enough to warrant any more than brief posts on Face Ache.
However, Saturday night I ventured out very much with thornies on the agenda but rumours of hounds locally were in the back of my mind too.
I decided on a N.Kent mark that could produce either and went armed with bluey, peelers and frozen king prawn.
I got set up in the nick of time as the heavens opened but I was safely tucked away in my bivvy!! As the rain broke for a moment, I poked my head out to see another angler setting up right next to me, not sure why he chose the adjacent groin and didn’t decide to leave a bit of space but never mind.
Not more than 5 minutes later, I noticed one of my rods bobbing away but it looked odd. I stood up, looked over and sure enough, the guys cranking my gear in. 🤦🏻‍♂️
I didn’t say anything, I just waited patiently for him to untangle it all.
I got back to my rest and cast out again.
No more than 15mins elapsed when I noticed the same rod had travelled down toward him again. The tide had started running that way and I had a nasty feeling this was going to become a theme for the night!!
It hadn’t gone too far round and I figured it was ok, I’d keep an eye on it. I was making a rig and took my eyes of the rods for a minute or two, when I looked back, the same rod was virtually bent double! No line was being stripped but clearly something was going on. I figured it was a clump of weed or a carrier bag or something but thought I’d better sort it out.
I began to retrieve it and it was heavy but slowly moving. Then it freed up a little and was coming in but still kiting round to my left. I wandered down to the shoreline, maintaining tension, when it decided it wasn’t an inanimate object afterall and stopped me dead before 3 very obvious thumps on the rod. Fish on!!
I played it in and for the last 20ft or so, it broke the surface, surfing the top, it looked a good fish!
I hopped the breakwater and scooped her up…. This is a pb I thought straight away!! And it was.
After a couple of re-weighs to be sure, she went a beautiful 13lbs 12oz! Beating my previous best of 12lbs by a good margin, a pb which has stood for 7yrs and probably 500 rays later!!
Chuffed to bits, I took a few pics and back she went to fight another day.
I fished all night past that with thankfully no more tangles and only two whiting to show for it but I didn’t mind…. Who does when a pb is smashed!! Tight lines all.
IMG_7171.pngIMG_7167.jpegIMG_7161.jpegIMG_7158.jpeg

Well done Stormzy! Great report, and a cracking PB with that Ray! Nice Piccys too. 🎣🎣👍👍

Great report Stormsy, some nice Rays too. Lovely pics.. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

It is good to see you back in the game mate, you do put the hours in for sure. 🎣

Ian.

Back