• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

I bought a 2nd-hand carp rod today !

Never seen or heard of one either, there's no point in one. If it does have push in quivers it is some bodies bastard or a feeder rod
I do have a Daiwa method feeder that came with inserts to extend the length to 13' plus 3 tips. Makes a good barbel rod with the carp tip.
I bought a 14' beachcaster in SA with 3 tips, I was bored and it was cheap. Those tips are simply geared to the casting weight. You can catch big sharks from the shore there but most of what I caught looked like smoothies.

I do have a Daiwa method feeder that came with inserts to extend the length to 13' plus 3 tips. Makes a good barbel rod with the carp tip.
I bought a 14' beachcaster in SA with 3 tips, I was bored and it was cheap. Those tips are simply geared to the casting weight. You can catch big sharks from the shore there but most of what I caught looked like smoothies.
I've got a couple of Imax beachcasters with twin tips and a feeder rod with 3 tips. Nothing newbut on a carp rod I think not

A 13' 3 1/2lb TC carp rod with interchangeable quiver tips. Never heard of one of those before. Daiwa do make feeder rods of that type.
Just the job for light beach work with a fixed spool but I would leave the multiplier at home. Your rod, your call.
Since the tip won't come off, perhaps I've misunderstood that and it's not meant to.

You have just answered it
No,I've just questioned it.You need to explain why the ringing needs to be different.Both tips cast as they should,no problem with the ringing.No need for extra rings or different spacing.I use both Multi and Fixed Spool on them.Multi with Nylon, Fixed Spool with Braid.

Last edited:
The rings are shit anyway. Crack really easy.
Certainly not the best available but you're not buying a top end rod,less than £100 each.I've had both of mine since they came on the market,not had any problems with the rings cracking.(y)Don't think there is any need to have them re rung.If it aint broke it doesn't need fixing.Must admit I had to work on the spigots as some were a tight fit.Overall they were a good buy.

Last edited:
Certainly not the best available but you're not buying a top end rod,less than £100 each.I've had both of mine since they came on the market,not had any problems with the rings cracking.(y)Don't think there is any need to have them re rung.If it aint broke it doesn't need fixing.Must admit I had to work on the spigots as some were a tight fit.Overall they were a good buy.
Yep a good buy. I like mine

A Mr Numpty admission (knowing even less about freshwater rods than saltwater rods). I've been checking-out f/water rodding a bit more & I now realise my Vertice is not a “pure” carp rod: instead it’s a ledger-type rod (which will do for carp+). “My bad” & my apologies for confusing things.

Last edited:
Apparently this Vertice had changeable quiver-tip options, but seller didn't have other tips to go with it. I've tried to disengage its existing tip, but it's stuck right now. Existing tip section seems quite "twitchy" though and I'm not too concerned to fuss about with: compatible alternative tips possibly no longer available anyway.
If the rod you have is a Daiwa Vertice 3lb test curve then it never had a quiver tip and if yours does then the original owner cut the rod down and fitted a quiver himself.
If your rod is a genuine quiver rod then it definitely won't be a 3lb test curve,

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back