• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

How Much kit ?

Angrybear

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Today is supposed to be reasonable, so I thought a first decent beach session is due, spent yesterday sorting tackle & have now got it assembled in the garage & I'm looking at this mountain of kit thinking "seriously" just for a few hours on the beach ? but with the possible exception of the shelter it is all fairly essential.
Glad I bought that trolley.

My mate and I constantly have a discussion about how much gear we take compared to how much we actually use! We have even kept a mental note during a session of what we really use, but it doesn’t seem to matter as we still take exactly the same amount next time we go!
We have even gone down the weigh it all route to compare. It’s frightening but we still do it!

If I can't carry it comfortably I won't be taking it and I can do a 24 hour session easily with what I carry. Only time I've struggled this year was going up the gravel bank at Chesil masonic carpark but I still did it in one hit and I'm sixty six years old.

If I can't carry it comfortably I won't be taking it and I can do a 24 hour session easily with what I carry. Only time I've struggled this year was going up the gravel bank at Chesil masonic carpark but I still did it in one hit and I'm sixty six years old.
Me too! that's a bugger going up there..... same as Cogden hill it makes you feel good if you do it in a single hit!

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back