• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Gobble attractant

If your bait is good enough you don't need any extra attractant.
I don't think it has even been tested with natural baits - it's been developed for use with lures like soft plastics or metals.

Hi, I am the product developer of Gobble Bait. I was sent a link to this post. I will be happy to answer any questions you might have.
I do however ask you look at the video with Dave Barham first, as he probably will give you a lot of answers.

Regarding Kvalvik Bait:
While also made in Norway, it was a rather different product. Kvalvik was based on hydrolyzed proteins from various natural sources mixed with a fixative. Gobble is a bit more complicated, as there is a long range of different attractive substances added, in addition to hydrolysates and other natural extracts.

Hi, I am the product developer of Gobble Bait. I was sent a link to this post. I will be happy to answer any questions you might have.
I do however ask you look at the video with Dave Barham first, as he probably will give you a lot of answers.

Regarding Kvalvik Bait:
While also made in Norway, it was a rather different product. Kvalvik was based on hydrolyzed proteins from various natural sources mixed with a fixative. Gobble is a bit more complicated, as there is a long range of different attractive substances added, in addition to hydrolysates and other natural extracts.

Welcome to the Madhouse Norwegian! 👍👍

Regarding Kvalvik Bait:
I'd be interested in giving your product a try on lures, unfortunately we're getting towards the end of what's traditionally considered bass season here....like others I'm sceptical of additives and 'wonder' products..... I've enjoyed 50 years of fishing around the world, much of that as a ghillie/guide, and none have yet stood the test of time......please tell us more👍

Welcome to the Madhouse Norwegian! 👍👍
Thanks!
I'd be interested in giving your product a try on lures, unfortunately we're getting towards the end of what's traditionally considered bass season here....like others I'm sceptical of additives and 'wonder' products..... I've enjoyed 50 years of fishing around the world, much of that as a ghillie/guide, and none have yet stood the test of time......please tell us more👍
I can say I have also tried a lot of the products over the years, and every time I read about a new one I do share your skepticism!
I don't want to make any silly claims, but I can tell you what is different from the others.
Gobble has been developed by testing over several years, and most of the testing has been on wild fish with underwater cameras. Most or possibly all the other similar products has been mainly developed by tank testing in laboratories. Testing in nature gives you a lot more challenges but you also learn a lot more. In the fjords you might encounter a lot of different species in one trip and you can get a lot of data about what attractants work on which species. We usually run a rig with two identical baits. One with and one without Gobble. These are lowered from a boat or placed on the bottom in a holder or a cage. We also use this system to test the different versions versus each other to see what the fish prefer.
By luck more than anything we discovered a natural binder that will stick very well to all sorts of lures. This binder is attractive to some species in its own right and is the base of the product. To this we add a whole range of different substances. Some are meant to attract fish from a distance, and others is mostly taste additives that is meant to make the fish hold on to the lure. We use natural extracts from various sources and also pure molecules that is found in nature. This means we can theoretically pull fish from a longer distance than a natural bait. Also you can make a bait that contain attractive substances from several sources, for example in one variant we combine powerful substances that is found in squid, blue mussel and shrimp. As some have mentioned, it is made for artificial lures, but loads of people use it in combination with natural baits and claim it increase their catch rate.
We have also had a lot of good anglers testing this for years, and the feedback has been good. Most new reports begin with "I was really sceptical but....."
One of our testers caught the the Norwegian sea bass record last year, and this year he caught a even bigger fish. Both on soft baits with our product, and he gives Gobble a lot of credit for the catches.
1728903489608.png

Thou the products is being sold as for cod and bass in the UK they work on most species. I also think it is important to state the obvious, that there is no such thing as a magic bait. Nothing will pull in fish that is not there from miles away. Some times the Gobble will make a huge difference, some times it will make a little difference and some times you will catch just as much without it. But we are 100% sure that over time it will increase your catch rate.
Here is video from our testing, we run one lure with and one without Gobble as described earlier:

A mate (sadly no longer with us) was importing Glowbait from Australia back in the 80's.
It seemed to work quite well, but sales dropped off after a while. I think it had Aniseed in it, and left a luminous green trail in the water.
Still got a bottle or two somewhere. Still available in Australia 40 years later:

A mate (sadly no longer with us) was importing Glowbait from Australia back in the 80's.
It seemed to work quite well, but sales dropped off after a while. I think it had Aniseed in it, and left a luminous green trail in the water.
Still got a bottle or two somewhere. Still available in Australia 40 years later:

Interesting! I have tested and considered adding that fluorescent substance, it does indeed trigger the interest of fish at times.
Anis has been used and attracted fish for hundreds of years, and will keep working. I do however believe we have more effective substances now and that a more complex mix will give even better results.

Thanks!

I can say I have also tried a lot of the products over the years, and every time I read about a new one I do share your skepticism!
I don't want to make any silly claims, but I can tell you what is different from the others.
Gobble has been developed by testing over several years, and most of the testing has been on wild fish with underwater cameras. Most or possibly all the other similar products has been mainly developed by tank testing in laboratories. Testing in nature gives you a lot more challenges but you also learn a lot more. In the fjords you might encounter a lot of different species in one trip and you can get a lot of data about what attractants work on which species. We usually run a rig with two identical baits. One with and one without Gobble. These are lowered from a boat or placed on the bottom in a holder or a cage. We also use this system to test the different versions versus each other to see what the fish prefer.
By luck more than anything we discovered a natural binder that will stick very well to all sorts of lures. This binder is attractive to some species in its own right and is the base of the product. To this we add a whole range of different substances. Some are meant to attract fish from a distance, and others is mostly taste additives that is meant to make the fish hold on to the lure. We use natural extracts from various sources and also pure molecules that is found in nature. This means we can theoretically pull fish from a longer distance than a natural bait. Also you can make a bait that contain attractive substances from several sources, for example in one variant we combine powerful substances that is found in squid, blue mussel and shrimp. As some have mentioned, it is made for artificial lures, but loads of people use it in combination with natural baits and claim it increase their catch rate.
We have also had a lot of good anglers testing this for years, and the feedback has been good. Most new reports begin with "I was really sceptical but....."
One of our testers caught the the Norwegian sea bass record last year, and this year he caught a even bigger fish. Both on soft baits with our product, and he gives Gobble a lot of credit for the catches.
View attachment 72161

Thou the products is being sold as for cod and bass in the UK they work on most species. I also think it is important to state the obvious, that there is no such thing as a magic bait. Nothing will pull in fish that is not there from miles away. Some times the Gobble will make a huge difference, some times it will make a little difference and some times you will catch just as much without it. But we are 100% sure that over time it will increase your catch rate.
Here is video from our testing, we run one lure with and one without Gobble as described earlier:
Bass pic looks well distorted to show bigger than it is.

Great catch though.

BTW lads fishing here do not use bait attracter to catch many bass, just rely on there local knowledge and experience going back over 40 years.

Always got my eye out for any edge when using artificials. I think the Evobass lures have a good 'scent' added for instance. Is it a panacea? No. Just another factor in converting interest/takes to fish landed? Perhaps

A guy I know who moved to Canada told me he sprays his lures with WD 40 every few casts. We tried it with worms decades ago and it didn’t put fish off, but who knows if it enhanced the bait.

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back