• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Advice Chest Waders?

No worries, it was a long shot but I can’t seem to give them away lol.
They’re meant to be size 8 but they were just generally too tight for me around the ankle area.

I think realistically unless it was a very small bloke, they’d be better suited for a woman who isn’t too short 😂
Now none of us are going to admit to having size 7 feet are we? We are all at least size 12!…….and big hands too!

Lidl have chest waders with boots in-stock right now £20. Label didn't say what made of (that I could see), but says reinforced knees and welded seams. The usual Lidl 3 year warranty: Ts & Cs unknown.

(If I hadn't bought some waders recently, reckon I'd give 'em a try for an occasional deep paddle for that sort of money with warranty .)

In passing & thinking about the coming cold; picked up an Aldi zipped fleece very recently for (I think it was) £15-£16. Nicely made medium-weight fleece for layering - stand-up collar (warm neck), 2 zipped fleeced pockets and 2 deep internal pockets. Decent length (although not quite covering one's own "body tackle", but thermal leggings will deal with that). Bit of a bargain !

Last edited:
There's a lot of positivity towards Vass here, that goes against my experience with them when they 1st appeared on the market. Maybe I'll have another look at them. If they are better than the Viking heavy duty I'll be delighted 👍

Vass PVC here as well. Not the best for lure fishing. Not the best for long treks. I have carried them to the mark in the past. Tough and do the job though. The studs they come with are excellent or were(my current pair is probably 6 years old)

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back