• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Braid!

The biggest cause of wind knots is line twist, I always lay it all out on a field, then walk along with finger and thumb and feel all the twist releasing, then wind it back on as tight as I can within reason leaving the end free. Wind knots no more, never.(y)
We used to do the same if we had been spinning with nylon but slightly differently. We would let the nylon off the spool on the walk back to the car through a field and drag it behind us as we walked. Same result different method to removing line twist.

I too used to do that at times with mono when freshwater fishing, but with braid prefer to feel the twist out if that makes sense to you.

We used to do the same if we had been spinning with nylon but slightly differently. We would let the nylon off the spool on the walk back to the car through a field and drag it behind us as we walked. Same result different method to removing line twist.
Reading your message bought back a long forgotten memory about once when I was walking across a field from one swim to another. I had broken the rig down and reeled the line back onto the reel but didn't realise that I hadn't secured the end and as I was walking along with the rod pointing back behind me the line end snagged on a thistle. As it wasn't behind the bail arm it just began to peel off the spool into the field behind me.

It wasn't much of a problem until a cow tangled some of the line around one hoof and decided to take off across the field at speed, in the opposite direction that I was going!

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back