• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Just my luck !

The comment sods law springs to mind. Tues looking not to bad with low around 1pm be a big bait n sit it out session. If you’re confident n sensible about it should be ok just a check first and go with your first thought. If not Preston beach should be fishable.

??….for us that’s used to the Solent it looks a little scarey ??
lol its fine..... get some blacks on and give it a slap.
The cods are still about and some big old ting have turned up.
Abbotsbury west..... low up.
The other thing to consider if you had zero wind and crystal clear water chesil can be shite

Good luck whatever you decide, and keep in touch with Pete! ????

Good luck whatever you decide, and keep in touch with Pete! ????
Actually the forecast is decreasing..... whole weeks looking fishable and some beauty tides.
Make it easy on yourself @Allthegearnoidea73
concentrate on being comfortable first. Warm clothes and get dug in get your base camp sorted. If the seas turning start with one rod and stay on top of it, if its coming back with no bait you need to speed up.... remember on chesil sometimes its how close you can fish. A double squid at 50 feet is more likely to give you your best fish of the week than double blacks at 150 yards.
I had a few cod last night and they were at 80 yards. I would have preferred to fish at 25 yards. My mate was smashing a TTR with a fast reel loooong and it only produced small fish.
So get your head sorted, stay comfortable, and think your way through what your doing. After 20 whiting n dogs in a row its up to you to change it up.
Maybe a 6/0 pennel 3 blacks and enough elastic to slow the ting up....... thats what worked last night. The codling will push the ting off a bait and there's some nice eels out there that will hit a hooked up whiting. I bumped one last night that felt pretty big and we landed a few others. A big snake is a lot of fun if you get on one :-)

Actually the forecast is decreasing..... whole weeks looking fishable and some beauty tides.
Make it easy on yourself @Allthegearnoidea73
concentrate on being comfortable first. Warm clothes and get dug in get your base camp sorted. If the seas turning start with one rod and stay on top of it, if its coming back with no bait you need to speed up.... remember on chesil sometimes its how close you can fish. A double squid at 50 feet is more likely to give you your best fish of the week than double blacks at 150 yards.
I had a few cod last night and they were at 80 yards. I would have preferred to fish at 25 yards. My mate was smashing a TTR with a fast reel loooong and it only produced small fish.
So get your head sorted, stay comfortable, and think your way through what your doing. After 20 whiting n dogs in a row its up to you to change it up.
Maybe a 6/0 pennel 3 blacks and enough elastic to slow the ting up....... thats what worked last night. The codling will push the ting off a bait and there's some nice eels out there that will hit a hooked up whiting. I bumped one last night that felt pretty big and we landed a few others. A big snake is a lot of fun if you get on one :)
Thanks Pete….I fished low to high this afternoon….walked just up past the teeth….had my first codling, forfilling a life long dream to catch a cod…also had a pb bream first cast and then a pb bass shortly after.
Codling came to a squid tipped black lug on a bar rig.

Attachments

• 6265B59A-6DB6-457F-B9F3-51F9B4C79251.jpeg
    6265B59A-6DB6-457F-B9F3-51F9B4C79251.jpeg
    124.9 KB · Views: 21
Thanks Pete….I fished low to high this afternoon….walked just up past the teeth….had my first codling, forfilling a life long dream to catch a cod…also had a pb bream first cast and then a pb bass shortly after.
Codling came to a squid tipped black lug on a bar rig.
Well done mate..... keep at it you never know whats coming next on Chesil.
Watch your hook points and hooklengths......

I
Today is a proper cod day............ epic conditions, chewy water, bit of a turn, building tide gutted I am sitting in London.

It was awesome out there today….another 2 codling around the 2lb (44cm) stamp and 3 whiting this afternoon.
There was about an hour where the wind and waves dropped right off.
The weed rafts were epic ?

Attachments

• 7CFA87F0-51E8-44C2-AA14-236499E86220.jpeg
    7CFA87F0-51E8-44C2-AA14-236499E86220.jpeg
    187.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 601346A1-76CA-41FC-A74A-E8888D94F9C4.jpeg
    601346A1-76CA-41FC-A74A-E8888D94F9C4.jpeg
    134.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 63D63FF4-D5BD-49F2-99B4-01B877060A80.jpeg
    63D63FF4-D5BD-49F2-99B4-01B877060A80.jpeg
    181.7 KB · Views: 16

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back