• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Zziplex light bass, value.

concrete

Reaction score
I’m thinking seriously about selling my light bass rods, as I’m just not using them. Unlike most of my gear, I’ve actually looked after them and they are in excellent condition and still have the original Tony’s Tackle build. They are the original green blanks as well.

I’ve looked on eBay, but there’s nothing there at the minute.

Hopefully some of you guys have an idea.

You can get only what people are prepared to pay.

I’m thinking seriously about selling my light bass rods, as I’m just not using them. Unlike most of my gear, I’ve actually looked after them and they are in excellent condition and still have the original Tony’s Tackle build. They are the original green blanks as well.

I’ve looked on eBay, but there’s nothing there at the minute.

Hopefully some of you guys have an idea.
Ones I have seen for sale in last 18 months or so seem to vary between £180 - £250, no idea if they sold or not.
Be very nice rods if a dedicated bass or flattie fisher.

Circa £££££ as much as you can.
Minimum of £300 each
Not made anymore, so desirable.

A more serious answer would be, how much would you be happy paying for them?

It's a lottery.
I've paid over the odds because I really wanted a vmax F1 to complete a 4th pair but then had a bargain with 4 LDC's at £350 for all 4. Fully built with cork handles, something I really wanted.

I have an unground 8 ft tip 3 ft but light bass mine is carbon black/grey is that the one your talking about

Find a collector/dedicated user and who knows? There are several groups on Facebollox where you'll get advice and potentially find a buyer. The 12'8" PTX Bass get loads of requests so maybe they are more desirable? Certainly they are more of a light all round beachcaster (great 4oz rods imo) Fleabay is a nightmare for both fees and messers in my experience but it's likely that they will get top dollar on there as its a bigger, busier marketplace. Good luck, I hope you get plenty of interest👍

The original light bass rods are a green blank. They are rated 2-4oz, but in my opinion are at their best with 3oz.
What age would they be out of interest? sounds like Zziplex rods site would be the place to join and put some pictures up and get the current market value, there is a wealth of knowledge on all things zziplex and you would get a accurate market value and would not be surprised if a fair offer. Zziplex rods Facebook.👍
Worth a search on there some banter on zziplex bass rods in general including the lite and very much in demand😀

Last edited:
What age would they be out of interest? sounds like Zziplex rods site would be the place to join and put some pictures up and get the current market value, there is a wealth of knowledge on all things zziplex and you would get a accurate market value and would not be surprised if a fair offer. Zziplex rods Facebook.👍
Worth a search on there some banter on zziplex bass rods in general including the lite and very much in demand😀
Must be twenty years old. I had them from new and they still have the original Tony’s Tackle build, with the exception of one tip ring, as the liner fell out so I had it replaced.

Hi concrete I've had mine for over 35 years when was the original green one launched
I didn’t know the light bass was a thing that long ago. Unless Terry started them in black, went to green and then made them in black again. My mate has got one that’s older than mine and his is a green blank.

From my fading memory but weren't they just called 'bass' until the longer 'ptx bass' came along? That must be 30 yrs+ ago no?

I have just checked topwater, and as you said just called Bass. I havent used it for a long time but
I can remember it being able to chuck a 4 onz weight a good distance. I'll chuck up a picture of it if I remember.

Back