• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Zulcron 435 lite

So after all this.... and your post on the darkside, have you bought one or decided they are not worth having?
So buy or shite?
Certainly worth having I am led to understand and a future contender for birthday present for son, meaning I get to play too!🦊
Thanks for asking and your interest.
Got to ask why is wsf called the darkside?

Last edited:
Certainly worth having I am led to understand and a future contender for birthday present for son, meaning I get to play too!🦊
Thanks for asking and your interest.
Got to ask why is wsf called the darkside?
XXX has always been called the darkside on here.
So after all the research its a maybe! I guess its fairly safe to conclude if its only a contender its not a stand out .....
I dont like the zucron range myself I have lobbed a couple and have found them completely unremarkable.
I also hate this no badge of origin thing that goes on what are expensive things.
Why not put made in China on then "if" thats the place of manufacture? Then they can go on the shelf next to the British, Italian, Japanese and other rods and consumers can add that knowledge to their decision making process......
Whats the secret, let them be judged on a level playing field.

XXX has always been called the darkside on here.
So after all the research its a maybe! I guess its fairly safe to conclude if its only a contender its not a stand out .....
I dont like the zucron range myself I have lobbed a couple and have found them completely unremarkable.
I also hate this no badge of origin thing that goes on what are expensive things.
Why not put made in China on then "if" thats the place of manufacture? Then they can go on the shelf next to the British, Italian, Japanese and other rods and consumers can add that knowledge to their decision making process......
Whats the secret, let them be judged on a level playing field.
Ended up swopping a big beach mk2 to use on cliffs for self as is not going to have easy life and save my other rods from certain death which mentioned on another thread, so that was me sorted for the Alvey and cliff, but will get son and air😂 a 435 lite and get to use though will probably end up with it eventually and in truth was not on radar for job in hand.
Not sure what to make of the branding process and price differences with some folks viewing a rod as a tool others having a love affair but suspect most designed to catch anglers and works a treat.
All that been said from my limited Zziplex ownership and using friends they do seem to have life breathed into them in some way which is hard to describe.🤔
Possibly now scared for life as have image of darth Vader holding a zziplex.

Last edited:
Back