• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast So where are you going and what are you going to target when Boris sets us free??

chesilpete

Reaction score
So with little data from reports and not knowing exactly whats going on on the beaches I guess that I will be working on the basis that "in previous years I have caught X from Y" in the spring.

So I guess my options are going to be.

Chesil West for Plaice or West Chesil for smalleyes.
East Chesil for Rays of any type.
Mid Chesil for a mixed bag (They are getting bream already!)
Eastney for plaice.
Selsey East/Pagham for Rays.
Hurst Milford area for small eyes or undies and spotties on the bank.
Brighton/Seaford for plaice.

All interesting prospects depending on water colour and tide size and bait availability.
I guess I need to take into account the fact that parking anywhere popular is going to be a nightmare as every bugger is going to go to the beach.

So I reckon I will start on West Chesil with some blacks and sandeel and see whats there and make sure I get there early enough to get a space at Cogden, if the waters coloured then go for rays if its clear then then go for flats.

It would be quite interesting to hear what everyone else is thinking........ and if anyone has a plan similar to mine then I expect that there will be a few other forum members out with me and the invitation is as always open to all.

Depending on conditions, plaice and small eyes south coast. Blondes, spotted, small eyes plus the spring run of codling in the bristol channel. Will target the big female hounds from the start of May if its warm. I only live 5 miles from the coast but have not fished yet this year, ive done the responsibile thing having seen people pass before their time, fishing just didn't seem important. It will feel good just to be out.

I will be fishing mainly on the Sussex coast for bream, bass, plaice, dabs, sole. The tidal rivers for mullet and sea trout. Don't think I will be venturing out of Sussex and will be far from the maddening crowd.

Depending on conditions, plaice and small eyes south coast. Blondes, spotted, small eyes plus the spring run of codling in the bristol channel. Will target the big female hounds from the start of May if its warm. I only live 5 miles from the coast but have not fished yet this year, ive done the responsibile thing having seen people pass before their time, fishing just didn't seem important. It will feel good just to be out.
100K of dead people is just vicious...... but we seem to be allowed to risk our lives and others as long as we pay the tax!.

I also feel regret and no end of sympathy for the people who have died and for their families........ I will act responsibly in respect for the dead, but categorically not because someone tells me too when the rules seem so biased towrds revenues.

FFS we see a football team travelling overseas and back to "go to work" I am 100% not going to kick a blokes balls in for going fishing.

I may venture up the channel myself if the smuts come in early....... I have heard of quite a few decent springer cod coming out of the BC on spring tides to crab.

Torn between West Chesil, for the flats, and Southbourne. Southbourne is an hour nearer, and as I haven't driven further than the shops for months might be a wiser choice. It was awash with undersized plaice last year. I wonder if they have grown?

Torn between West Chesil, for the flats, and Southbourne. Southbourne is an hour nearer, and as I haven't driven further than the shops for months might be a wiser choice. It was awash with undersized plaice last year. I wonder if they have grown?
Seen a few reports with as many as 6 small plaice at a time but not seen anything of size ....... have heard of a bag of 12 plaice not far East of there but I am not keen on the provenance of the report....... If you head to Chesil I will be about 400M West of where I saw you last time.
I guess the decider on that one is bait I would never look for flats on Chesil unless I had some fresh blacks.

Ha, I’ve been fishing more recently than I’ve had a drink and that was the start of dec.
Hopefully we can get all the boat trips that have been cancelled rebooked
I should be starting boating in may,can't wait.

Seen a few reports with as many as 6 small plaice at a time but not seen anything of size ....... have heard of a bag of 12 plaice not far East of there but I am not keen on the provenance of the report....... If you head to Chesil I will be about 400M West of where I saw you last time.
I guess the decider on that one is bait I would never look for flats on Chesil unless I had some fresh blacks.
Looks like West Chesil, then. When are we allowed out? Monday 29th? I will try and order some fresh blacks. Looks like a huge tide which I am never sure about on Chesil. Let's hope that last year's tiny plaice have gone West, so to speak.

Reading press i think Wales will be sooner than England.

Lets all hope as soon as though.

Same as always.
Stay local.
Target what is/should be there.
Don't chase fish that have already been caught.
can you imagine what chesils going to be like!!! Especially if someone's cousins mates brother catches a wafer thin plaice or a half pound cod!!! Be like Blackpool illuminations all along! Fek that!!!!

can you imagine what chesils going to be like!!! Especially if someone's cousins mates brother catches a wafer thin plaice or a half pound cod!!! Be like Blackpool illuminations all along! Fek that!!!!
Theres 16 miles to chose from..... most are lobbing sub 100, and have no craft.
Its not a problem.....
So where will you first catch report be coming from after lockdown??

Theres 16 miles to chose from..... most are lobbing sub 100, and have no craft.
Its not a problem.....
So where will you first catch report be coming from after lockdown??
I could fish everyday but nothing about at the moment,probably be up the fal estuary on the boat.

Back