• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Penn reels

Yes i have a Mag 4 great reels very easy to fully service nice to fish with, Can very easily be tuned to run very fast and a very smooth drag. Inside they are have a few improvements on the Mag 3. I have a Fathom 2 CS and i prefer the Mag 4 as its not so heavy and balanced better. For a cheaper reel i like them.

Does anyone use the penn mag 4's for beach fishing? I've been offered a pair.
Don't waste your money Wolf, ask Russ (Blakdog).. (y)

Ian.

I use the 515 mag 4,
Narrower spool and frame means less chance of alleged distortion! taken some stick on here for using them in the past but in the right hands they outcast the fathom 12 all day long 😉

I use the 515 mag 4,
Narrower spool and frame means less chance of alleged distortion! taken some stick on here for using them in the past but in the right hands they outcast the fathom 12 all day long 😉 I think the general consensus is the Mag 3's and 4's are not the best in build quality, too much plastic used.
I think the general consensus is that the Mag 3's and 4's don't have the greatest of build quality. (y)

Ian.

I use the 515 mag 4,
Narrower spool and frame means less chance of alleged distortion! taken some stick on here for using them in the past but in the right hands they outcast the fathom 12 all day long 😉
Not in my hands!
My issue is the white plastic bit that just distorts n splits when under load......
@Chalton ever had a reel die? and was it a 7ht, fathom or something else maybe???

Not in my hands!
My issue is the white plastic bit that just distorts n splits when under load......
@Chalton ever had a reel die? and was it a 7ht, fathom or something else maybe???
Mag 4 I believe Pete. I am sure Gary (Chalton) will confirm.. (y)

Ian.

Im still using the first addition fathoms, the later mk1 seem to corrode more than early ones though.....mk4 🤔.....think bad reviews outway the good!

Back