• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

New Arrivals

Ian just a thought, the daiwas have a bloody lovely thru action.... I have something similar.
I fancied something a little different so dug out some shimano calcutta 400s. It makes a sweet pairing and looks incredibly cool...... just saying a bit of old school cool with a ratchet is nice to mix it up. You will lose a little distance but they are solid little chaps..... and overrun free.
Bloody hell Pete, now I will have to look at Calcutta 400's, :) That's the only minus with the ST's, no clicker.:(

Ian.

I’ve got three. Had them years and they look terrible, but run like new
Looking on fleabay, they all com with bloody level winds...:mad:

Ian.

I paid £279 each for the 14' 6" rods from Uttings, they cant be beaten on price. £10 cheaper than the 13' 6" ones.

They weigh 690gms

Reel seats positioned and blinged.. ;)

Ian.

20240509_172623.jpg

How come you went for the 14ft 6 version??.
With casting mostly OTG, longer rods seem better, but I also Pendulum cast as well, so stiffer tips help, which these have. (y)

Ian.

Oh my god!! They are beautiful Diawa make some fantastic rods, The old High Performance Beach HPBM12 was my favourite of all the rods i have ever had. I really like the look of those you have there im sure they will be lovely to fish with.

Cant beat some new rods mate. And I know their are some on here who have more than me. ;)

Ian.
im trying to get rid of the fecking things not collect anymore, one time I had over 50 rods , now I’m on a modest 12 rods no more happy with what I’ve got now , mind you those rods Ian look nice I used to have the old super casts now they was a nice rod

im trying to get rid of the fecking things not collect anymore, one time I had over 50 rods , now I’m on a modest 12 rods no more happy with what I’ve got now , mind you those rods Ian look nice I used to have the old super casts now they was a nice rod
Are you tempted Mike, you know you want to mate.. ;) 🤣

Ian.

With casting mostly OTG, longer rods seem better, but I also Pendulum cast as well, so stiffer tips help, which these have. (y)

Ian.
Mates brother has 2 but, 1 - 14ft 6 & 1- 13ft 6. Longer version he uses with shimano fixed spool & multi on other, always been Daiwa user over yrs.

Back