• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Friday night catch report

John Mitchell

Reaction score
I met up with bananas at slapton on Friday night , after much talking between us 2 and tat and decided slapton was our choice of venue .
Well the fish were there but unfortunately only mackerel, we shared bobs lure rod with a metal jig to catch a handful each , but despite staying til 10.30 when it was raining hard we had to call it a night no bites in the dark on bottom , I used 10 peelers and £10 of rag .I stopped when I had enough for lunch and a few for the freezer , I took home 8 fish .?2C15F9FB-F4E4-48B1-83C5-DDF2785B498E.jpeg

See you brake the mackys necks? The spiders are on the March!!! Mate was out last night netting,he was not pleased!!!

See you brake the mackys necks? The spiders are on the March!!! Mate was out last night netting,he was not pleased!!!
We think they might not be any fish in close as they are feeding on the spiders a bit further out , I seen a couple of spiders caught last night

They are supposed to taste really nice, Im not much of a crab person unless its got a 3/0 stuck in it.
They taste better than Brown crab!!!!

Well done for catching, love lure/jigging for mackerel with a single lure and hook on a light rod, just wish they grew bigger. Still if mackerel are coming in hopefully everything is on the up.

Well if they are Cornish king crab they can bugger off back over the boarder, Will save me a lot of hooks and swearing ?
Don't worry,in a few weeks time I will do some pest control,put your old nets out this time of year!

Back