• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Chesil

Wattsy6b

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
After a long week of work and wanting to shoot my partner I had to get out Saturday. So went to my local tackle shop and got my bait and then made the 1.45 trip down to chesil at 11am quick stop at the farm shop for some quality fishing fuel. Then Headed to cogden on the leisurely basis I was well ahead of Pete. Headed down the hill got set up chucked a rag out on one rod and a freshish black on the other. Pete arrived got setup and I thought great time for a cup of tea to realise I had left my tea mug In the van. Then came a plaice small average size on chesil at the moment. Was about 5pm and felt hungry went to my box then to see I forgot my food too. So quickly decided to make a trip to the van get my food and my tea cup. Got back to it and had 4 more plaice all the same size. me and Pete then both had some fun using my ttr and 5oz to smash some feathers some ridiculous distance. We both bagged a couple of mackerel each. Then as darkness fell I had a nice 1½ sole. A few pouting showed up. Then started putting half a bluey out long which got me a tub Gurnard and a strap. We were both making a decision on this was the last cast for me to then reel in another sole so the rods went back out a couple of times but nothing else came. Was lovely being on the beach and a good result too.
IMG-20220917-WA0000.jpg

Great report mate, and lovely sole. So, you were showing Pete how it is done. :D

Ian.

Nice report Wattsy - lovely Sole! Well done matey. ????

Nice report, but lacks detail on what you bought at the farm shop! Fishing fuel options can be inspirational! I bet on an artisan sausage roll. The paternation in a soles skin always makes them look somehow unatural to me. Nice going mate.

Great report mate, and lovely sole. So, you were showing Pete how it is done. :D

Ian.
Pete may have decided to smash a whole makerel out long which generally does not work for sole!. But it was very interesting to see one bait massively out fish another ..... and that will stand up in good stead over the next fortnight.

After a long week of work and wanting to shoot my partner I had to get out Saturday. So went to my local tackle shop and got my bait and then made the 1.45 trip down to chesil at 11am quick stop at the farm shop for some quality fishing fuel. Then Headed to cogden on the leisurely basis I was well ahead of Pete. Headed down the hill got set up chucked a rag out on one rod and a freshish black on the other. Pete arrived got setup and I thought great time for a cup of tea to realise I had left my tea mug In the van. Then came a plaice small average size on chesil at the moment. Was about 5pm and felt hungry went to my box then to see I forgot my food too. So quickly decided to make a trip to the van get my food and my tea cup. Got back to it and had 4 more plaice all the same size. me and Pete then both had some fun using my ttr and 5oz to smash some feathers some ridiculous distance. We both bagged a couple of mackerel each. Then as darkness fell I had a nice 1½ sole. A few pouting showed up. Then started putting half a bluey out long which got me a tub Gurnard and a strap. We were both making a decision on this was the last cast for me to then reel in another sole so the rods went back out a couple of times but nothing else came. Was lovely being on the beach and a good result too.
View attachment 32983
That ttr is hysterical !

Great report well done on the fish, shame about the extra exercise in the middle tho.

Back