• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North Wales Back to back part 2.

Kevin3110

Reaction score
It was back out on Thursday night for session no 2 of the week, with conditions again favourable and a friendly face already in the area the scene was set for hopefully another enjoyable evening’s fishing ?

Started with a seeker as recently it’s picked up a few fish for me early on in the session and I thought it’d done so again when my lure was hit within seconds of hitting the water. I knew it was no sea monster and was surprised to find not a little bass but in fact a very greedy pollack had taken a fancy to it, my first at this particular spot.
With the bycatch released I thought a change of lure might bring a change in fortune. This didn’t seem to be the case and I fished on for 90min before the first bass took a liking to my patch 125.

This was followed by another two in 15min with the second and third fish falling to the Axia Vulcan again in the shadow colour. Measured the third fish out of interest at 50cm before a quick pic and release.

Half an hour went by before I could persuade anything else into taking the lure when a lovely fish at 52cm nailed the nacre patch almost instantly after casting.

Big tail on this fish and it put up a decent account of itself, got a little release clip too I’ll add at the end.
This fish was quickly followed by two more.

After a few quick pics of the above over the next hour I landed four more bass and missed a couple all on the nacre patch with most fish again coming at max distance, completely different to how they’d been hitting lure anywhere and everywhere the night before.

Really like it when they flare their fins like above, full of attitude and really are a stunning looking fish regardless of size.

Above being the 10th and final fish of the nights session. It was around 1am now and though I was initially tempted to fish on a little I decided to call an end to another enjoyable session and head for home.

Little clip of the 52cm being released ??

youtube.com

52 going back

youtube.com
youtube.com
That’s probably it until next week now but can’t be complaining after those two sessions and winning the new MC rod. ?

Tight lines! ????

Wow what a session, well done mate. ?
I hope @Minstrelblue doesn't see this thread, poor lad will have a mental breakdown given his current struggle to catch one. ?

A massive well done Kevin on another great session ?.

Wow what a session, well done mate. ?
I hope @Minstrelblue doesn't see this thread, poor lad will have a mental breakdown given his current struggle to catch one. ?
needs to press gang his Mrs on a brixham beamer for a few days

Back