• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North East Two pb's in one day 🏆

Stevie69

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
I was supposed to be going out on the boat today but it got cancelled due to northerly winds. So I decided to head down the the north gate to mess about with the lures and finally get a bass after about 15 sessions of blanks☹️. Low water was at 12.45 and was a 0.3m tide which is massive for an ebb tide so off I went at 10.30am arrived at 10.55. where's the water gone😮. My plan was to fish the knuckle along the side of the break water1000015042.jpgBut the tide was to far out so I walked further along till I found some depth. Looking down I could see two big blouders with a gap between them so gave it a go. I put on a weedless sandy Andy and chucked it out 1000015074.jpgYou can just see the white water on the surface in the distance. On my third cast wallop fish on and it felt a good one stripping line off the reel. After a good scrap and panic hand balling the fish up the side I had it.
It measured 48 cm a new pb for me the last being 45cm 1000015076.jpg1000015078.jpgI walked further along and dropped him back in and off he went wahoo.
It went quiet after that so I put on a seeker on chucked it out past the rocks at the side onto the sand and thought I had a bit of weed on the lure and to my surprise it had a baby bassling on another pb the smallest I've ever caught1000014690.jpg18 cm. After that I headed home. But had the opportunity to take some pics of the ground for high tide later on.
Me and a mate headed back down and fished at the start of the break water. We got there at 5pm high tide 18.45 and it was 5.6m. 1000015031.jpg1000015032.jpgThe ground above was below water but I knew where the snags were. 1st lure on the sandy Andy again out it went, oh shit fish on gave a good little scrap then landed it 42 cm1000015081.jpgSafely returned. What happend next I couldn't believe it, I had 4 casts and another 3 bass at 36cm 32 cm and 28cm1000015082.jpg1000015083.jpgI didn't take a pic of the last one. My mate was gutted he had nothing ☹️ he's still to catch his first bass. I'm absolutely buzzing with today. I've already told custard I'm back out again tomorrow. Hopefully get the 50 cm one I've been after 😁.

Last edited:
Well done Stevie - great report and some good photos. Lovely 48cm Bass and I hope that 50cm PB is not far away! 🎣🎣👍👍

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back