• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Travel Rod Sorted.

concrete

Reaction score
Having been put off the Tronix Xenon, I had to pop into a well known Suffolk tackle shop to buy some line, plus some other bits.

Anyway, I got chatting to the guy in there, who I’ve known for more years than I care to remember and he mentioned the shimano travel rod, of which they had a couple in stock. I told him I’d read the reviews and it would appear they’re rather soft. He replied that these ones weren’t and he went and fetched one.

They got a load in several years ago for a group of guys who were going to the Gambia and they ordered extra thinking they were going to sell loads, but they didn’t. The rods are new, but old stock and they certainly aren’t soft. I bought one and tried it out last night and it’ll happily pendulum cast 150 grams plus bait with no creaking or cracking noises. I also caught plenty of fish on it and bite detection is also superb.

I’m absolutely certain it’s made from the same material as my old fox trek six piece, as it’s got a strange look to it. Hopefully I can pick up the pattern on a photo.

Even better, after saying to Mrs C that I’m really pleased, she said best I buy another one, as they won’t be available again. I don’t think new ones are the same rod with a paint job, as they’re a foot longer for starters.

I’ve reserved another one to collect sometime in the next couple of weeks. 😊

IMG_6717.png

IMG_6716.png

Did he mention how many he has.(y)And what's the damage,if I may ask.
I think I’ve nabbed the last one. He’s on holiday at the minute barbel fishing on the Wye. When he gets back I’ll message him and see if they’ve got anymore tucked away.

Many thanks. (y)
Tried to send a PM, but you’ve restricted your account. It’s Breakway Tackle in Ipswich and they have one left. It’s ex display, but brand new unused. I’ve given it a waggle and all feels good. If you call them ask for Steve. You might be able to negotiate a better price as its ex display and the last one.

IMG_6965.jpeg

IMG_6966.jpeg

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back