• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast The big beach

Why o why do people insist that they have to fish right beside you when there is miles of open beach . Tossers
What you need to do when someone approaches with a view to setting up close to you is this..

Prepare to cast out by holding your rod and spin around as if you were doing the hammer throw. Most people will stay 100 yards or more away from you.
Also keeping a rod bell attached all the time is another top tip. :)

Why o why do people insist that they have to fish right beside you when there is miles of open beach . Tossers

Because they like the look of you?🥰

Can anyone update me on the road works up by abbotsbury way , I'm hoping to get up there friday but I'm hearing of closures on A35 . Cheers
I was on holiday down there last week and abbotsbury hill was closed most of last week, not sure if works are completed though. There were also signs up saying the road into Abbotsbury from portesham would be closed this week. As for the A35, only signs I saw were for overnight closeures between Bridport and lyme regis, couldn't recall how long they were on for.

I was on holiday down there last week and abbotsbury hill was closed most of last week, not sure if works are completed though. There were also signs up saying the road into Abbotsbury from portesham would be closed this week. As for the A35, only signs I saw were for overnight closeures between Bridport and lyme regis, couldn't recall how long they were on for.
That's great thanks for your reply . I'm coming from Devon so may just give cogden or Bexington ago rather than get stuck at abbo .

That's great thanks for your reply . I'm coming from Devon so may just give cogden or Bexington ago rather than get stuck at abbo .
Have a look at Google maps, click the Layers icon bottom right, and then the traffic icon. It should show any problems.
Looks like there is a road closure at Portesham towards Abbotsbury until Oct 8th, other than that all appears OK.
If you're coming along the B3157 from West bay, it all looks clear.
I'm looking on my Laptop - might be different on a phone or tablet.

Can anyone update me on the road works up by abbotsbury way , I'm hoping to get up there friday but I'm hearing of closures on A35 . Cheers
The roadworks are at Portsham, don't take the signed detour uless you're towing or driving HGV. If you're in a car, go past Abbotsbury tackle shop and take the left turn next to the cottages. Next junction turn right, next crossroads turn right. Narrow road with passing places but better than the bloody diversion.

Nice one Mike, some nice fish too. Nice looking rods mate, they look very familiar.. ;) 🎣🎣

Ian.

Very verygood fishing probably the most I've ever cought on Chesil and a very big huss congers dogs pout and whiting small eyed Ray and beautiful coddling . Left early because a big match on and thought best leave them something to catch so heading down coast right now

Very verygood fishing probably the most I've ever cought on Chesil and a very big huss congers dogs pout and whiting small eyed Ray and beautiful coddling . Left early because a big match on and thought best leave them something to catch so heading down coast right now
Great selection. If I went to my local beach now for a session now it would almost certainly be pin whiting and small flounders. Sadly I’m not tempted.

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back