• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Wales Swansea Sole hunt

nearly70ty

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
Hi Gents,
Today session came a bit out of the blue, I spent the morning and early afternoon laying some slabs around my wifes raised beds on the allotment. We went home for a cuppa and a choclate hobnobs when out of the blue she asks what I had planned for the rest of the day before I've even thought about it she's suggesting that I take myself fishing.
Well I'm straight on my phone looking at the weather and the tide times. Before she has a change of heart, it's wellies on fork in hand and I'm heading for the lug beds. I get home, have something to eat, sort out my gear and 5.45 my rods on in the water.
Data
09/10/2024
Fishing time- 17.45 to 22.15
Tide.- high water 2230 pm .11.0 meters
Wind. North west 10> 4 mph
Air Pressure.- 994 mb
Surf conditions -height, 1 ft, with 3/4Tables -, Stretching out -50 meters .
General conditions.-cloud with plenty of breaks to admire the stars
Bait- Lug
Tackle set up,
Century T800 paired with an Akios 656, and a Blackrock Foosa with a 7000 fixed spool, one up one down flappers rigs armed with size 2 hooks one with beads one without.
The conditions were good for soles with little surf and darkness for the most of the session, unfortunate those conditions and being autumn the dreaded dogs were sure to be around.
Bites from the off, I was pretty sure what they were and after two cast confirmation, the culprit a poxy dgfish. Unfortunately this set the trend for the rest of the session . Fifeteen all together but it seemed like a hell of a lot more. I'm not a dogfish hater but they were a pain tonight. I did manage to catch my target species the first comeing in at quarter past eight tipping the scales at a fraction over a pound, and the little cutey at quarter past nine. When the little one came in I had a dog on the other hook and a black bag on the top of the trace, leading me to think there was something special on the end lol. I packed a bit earlier than I planned, I was all doged out, I didn't even reach high water but they were relentless.

Tight lines and enjoy your fishing time.

1728581153161.png

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back