• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Su"bream" 3 P day.

Merryleggs

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Hi, everyone, Merryleggs here.
I can't remember the last catch report I posted. But I know it was a long time ago.
So, I'm back to tell of the amazing experience my partner, Makiwa and I had on Sunday 11th August at Milford on sea, New Forest.
We left home by 9:30 am, excited at what the day might bring. We headed down Winchester road, in Southampton and stopped at the Burger van in Wickes carpark for a breakfast roll and cup of coffee. That would set us up nicely for the for the next few hours! We wanted to get going and get fishing!
Moving swiftly on, we made our way to the motorway! Well that was a bad move as we had temporarily forgotten how busy the motorway gets with all the traffic heading towards Bournemouth! But we persevered as we joined the bumper to bumper queue of holiday makers and day trippers. Inching our way towards the main stretch of motorway which actually gave us a little bit of time to come up with an escape route to come off the hot, busy and frustrating motorway!
We managed to turn off at junction 2 and head towards Lyndhurst. I was a bit sceptical going this way. But Makiwa was almost certain that we would be alright with less traffic. And we were fine. Arriving at Milford in good time.
Have you ever faced a challenge of looking for a parking space, finding one, and then meeting that challenge to fit into that space!? Lol. That was us! First time down New Road, it seemed jocker block with camper Vans and day trippers, families with their crabbing buckets and string! We saw a couple of spaces where people don't know how to park properly and had they parked a bit further up or down, I, driving a Toyota aygo, would have been able to fit in nicely! I was hot and frustrated. But Makiwa suggested we go around again. He had an idea. I was nearly ready to give up but feeling disappointed yet hopeful, we went around the circuit again and down New road. Driving slowly, Makiwa noticed that some one had already done his idea. Ok. So we continued down the road looking for possibilities and finally found our challenge! Lol. A small space, and a motivated thought that no one was going to beat me and stop me enjoying our fishing trip! Lol. With Makiwa 's assistance and guidance I met my challenge and found our place in all the tight knit rows of vehicles.
You're probably wondering where does my title of this post come into it!? Well,
Once we parked up, found a place on the Milford stoney shingle beach Makiwa set up camp and I helped set up the rods and fishing gear. We were so glad for the strong breeze as the sun's heat was felt while we set up our fishing area for the day. 20240811_202053.jpg
What a beautiful hot day with the sun's rays dancing on the sea.! A time to do some much needed fishing together.
Makiwa mentioned that approximately at 16:00 we would be more likely to catch a bream or a bass. At 15:13 Makiwa caught his first decent Black bream! 20240811_151319.jpg

And it didnt take long for Makiwa to catch his second bream, followed by a pup Smoothhound. Ok. So it looked like Makiwa was on a roll!
Then it was my turn to catch a bream. 20240812_174503.jpg
I hadn't caught a bream for quite a while, so I was dead chuffed! It became a competition between Makiwa and I , to see who could catch the most fish, who could catch the most species and who could catch the most fish in total!
At this point, I will say that when Makiwa and I go for a day out fishing, it's not unusual for me to take my beading and jewellery making with me. Makiwa will occasionally say that he could have a couple of my beads for fishing! Lol. I don't think so! Bless him! But,
Back to the fishing. We had a good afternoon and evening fishing session. Makiwa also landed a red Gernard fish, which was a total surprise but he was well made up with that, cos he was winning in all areas of our competition! Jammy bugger! Lol. 20240811_173557.jpg20240811_173604.jpg20240811_194556.jpg
Admittedly the afternoon sun was getting to us, but we both creamed up with factor 50+ sun cream. And I must be more fairer skinned than I thought because on arriving home Makiwa noticed that I was as red as a lobster and I guess the small swimming session in the sea had caught me out!
But it was a "Su-bream" ( supreme) day's fishing and it was a very amazing 3 P day.
Makiwa and I always say this to each other and a couple of our friends to have "" a 3P dsy" Positive, Pleasant and Productive! And even if you only have two out of three, you've still had a good day! 20240811_201808.jpg
We went home happy but tired, and sun burnt!
May any of you , on your next fishing session , have a " subream" experience and a 3P day or evening.
Tight lines.
Merryleggs.

Well done on the session particularly as you had so many hurdles to overcome to even get there. I’m amazed you found enough room among the day trippers to get a line into the water.
Thank you for reporting 😁👍🏼😎

Hi, everyone, Merryleggs here.
I can't remember the last catch report I posted. But I know it was a long time ago.
So, I'm back to tell of the amazing experience my partner, Makiwa and I had on Sunday 11th August at Milford on sea, New Forest.
We left home by 9:30 am, excited at what the day might bring. We headed down Winchester road, in Southampton and stopped at the Burger van in Wickes carpark for a breakfast roll and cup of coffee. That would set us up nicely for the for the next few hours! We wanted to get going and get fishing!
Moving swiftly on, we made our way to the motorway! Well that was a bad move as we had temporarily forgotten how busy the motorway gets with all the traffic heading towards Bournemouth! But we persevered as we joined the bumper to bumper queue of holiday makers and day trippers. Inching our way towards the main stretch of motorway which actually gave us a little bit of time to come up with an escape route to come off the hot, busy and frustrating motorway!
We managed to turn off at junction 2 and head towards Lyndhurst. I was a bit sceptical going this way. But Makiwa was almost certain that we would be alright with less traffic. And we were fine. Arriving at Milford in good time.
Have you ever faced a challenge of looking for a parking space, finding one, and then meeting that challenge to fit into that space!? Lol. That was us! First time down New Road, it seemed jocker block with camper Vans and day trippers, families with their crabbing buckets and string! We saw a couple of spaces where people don't know how to park properly and had they parked a bit further up or down, I, driving a Toyota aygo, would have been able to fit in nicely! I was hot and frustrated. But Makiwa suggested we go around again. He had an idea. I was nearly ready to give up but feeling disappointed yet hopeful, we went around the circuit again and down New road. Driving slowly, Makiwa noticed that some one had already done his idea. Ok. So we continued down the road looking for possibilities and finally found our challenge! Lol. A small space, and a motivated thought that no one was going to beat me and stop me enjoying our fishing trip! Lol. With Makiwa 's assistance and guidance I met my challenge and found our place in all the tight knit rows of vehicles.
You're probably wondering where does my title of this post come into it!? Well,
Once we parked up, found a place on the Milford stoney shingle beach Makiwa set up camp and I helped set up the rods and fishing gear. We were so glad for the strong breeze as the sun's heat was felt while we set up our fishing area for the day. View attachment 68800
What a beautiful hot day with the sun's rays dancing on the sea.! A time to do some much needed fishing together.
Makiwa mentioned that approximately at 16:00 we would be more likely to catch a bream or a bass. At 15:13 Makiwa caught his first decent Black bream! View attachment 68801

And it didnt take long for Makiwa to catch his second bream, followed by a pup Smoothhound. Ok. So it looked like Makiwa was on a roll!
Then it was my turn to catch a bream. View attachment 68802
I hadn't caught a bream for quite a while, so I was dead chuffed! It became a competition between Makiwa and I , to see who could catch the most fish, who could catch the most species and who could catch the most fish in total!
At this point, I will say that when Makiwa and I go for a day out fishing, it's not unusual for me to take my beading and jewellery making with me. Makiwa will occasionally say that he could have a couple of my beads for fishing! Lol. I don't think so! Bless him! But,
Back to the fishing. We had a good afternoon and evening fishing session. Makiwa also landed a red Gernard fish, which was a total surprise but he was well made up with that, cos he was winning in all areas of our competition! Jammy bugger! Lol. View attachment 68803View attachment 68804View attachment 68806
Admittedly the afternoon sun was getting to us, but we both creamed up with factor 50+ sun cream. And I must be more fairer skinned than I thought because on arriving home Makiwa noticed that I was as red as a lobster and I guess the small swimming session in the sea had caught me out!
But it was a "Su-bream" ( supreme) day's fishing and it was a very amazing 3 P day.
Makiwa and I always say this to each other and a couple of our friends to have "" a 3P dsy" Positive, Pleasant and Productive! And even if you only have two out of three, you've still had a good day! View attachment 68805
We went home happy but tired, and sun burnt!
May any of you , on your next fishing session , have a " subream" experience and a 3P day or evening.
Tight lines.
Merryleggs.

Hi Merryleggs! Fabulous report and pictures. 🎣🎣👍👍

Good to hear from you both, I haven't heard from Gavin for months. Hope you are both good. Tight lines, and stay safe & well. 👍👍

Hey guys,
Thank you so much for your thumbs up and supportive comments. It was great to be back writing catch reports. Stay tuned for my next exciting episode!! Lol 😎🙋‍♀️🎣🎣
It's good to hear from you all guys. Makiwa says hitoo.Tightlines
Merryleggs. .

Great report and lovely fish and pics, well done the pair of you. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back