• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Struggling, but, not a blank

Flipper

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
This has been the slowest year for me that I can remember for lure fishing for Bass in Devon. However, got out again yesterday and tried to hit a normally reliable spot, the water was coloured with what looked like algal bloom, lots of weed too, no cormorants, little signs of inshore life and my positivity just dived. In the end I got a small schoolie on the new Sandy Andy Weedless and that was it. I tried soft plastics, divers, metals and surface, it was utterly gutting the lack of activity. Anyone know what is going on in South Devon, have all the bass gone on holiday or are the tuna in and eating them again?

IMG_2458.jpeg

You had a dangle mate, that's the main thing, and a nice Schoolie. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Not been out this year yet, mainly due to the shoulder problem, and not a serious lure angler either.
I haven't seen any reports of anything decent being caught on the South Devon coast either.

This has been the slowest year for me that I can remember for lure fishing for Bass in Devon. However, got out again yesterday and tried to hit a normally reliable spot, the water was coloured with what looked like algal bloom, lots of weed too, no cormorants, little signs of inshore life and my positivity just dived. In the end I got a small schoolie on the new Sandy Andy Weedless and that was it. I tried soft plastics, divers, metals and surface, it was utterly gutting the lack of activity. Anyone know what is going on in South Devon, have all the bass gone on holiday or are the tuna in and eating them again?

View attachment 67502
Looking back through my photos etc , each year it’s getting worse around our little bit of coast , last year it was august before we caught anything half decent. I have heard of small stuff coming out 20cm stuff , not much in the way of bait fish around yet .

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back