• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Storing rods

Nickcook77

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Boat
I have just finished assembling a pre - fab garage - mainly obtained for fishing gear - me and my boys have a fair bit.
Course, Boat, Beach

Rods in and out of bags take so much space up and I wondering whether to put some shelf brackets on the walls to hold the rods in or out of bags. I know you can buy rod specific brackets but they are for individual rods and we have worn rods In tubes plus 3 rod Bags.

What do others do?

I have just finished assembling a pre - fab garage - mainly obtained for fishing gear - me and my boys have a fair bit.
Course, Boat, Beach

Rods in and out of bags take so much space up and I wondering whether to put some shelf brackets on the walls to hold the rods in or out of bags. I know you can buy rod specific brackets but they are for individual rods and we have worn rods In tubes plus 3 rod Bags.

What do others do?

No garage here Nick so everything has to go indoors. Have got a garden shed but I don't like the idea of putting fishing gear out there.
I guess I've got about 20 - 25 rods in total - 2 rod holdalls/quivers, so the rarely used rods go in the old one, and the 4 most used in the one I usually take out with me. They were in an alcove in the lounge, but Wifey banished them to another alcove in the bedroom at Christmas,.

Most of my rods are in their original bags, but for any you have that are not, there's an article here on building your own wooden one.
Plenty of ideas on Google & Youtube too.

The ones I rarely use(which is the majority,approximately 50)are on top of 2 wardrobes in their bags.The remainder stand upright in their bags or loose up the side of the wardrobes,hidden by curtains.There are probably 25 there maybe more.

I don't use the bags for mine, but I do use those twist wrap things to keep a butt and tip together, then just stand all the rods in the corner of the garage.

In shed i use gutter brackets to keep them in, even with the reels left on them easy to get out when needed.
2 fly rods in a plastic tube.
I do have a couple stored in caravan in cupboard where boiler is as they are standing up, one is

Back