• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Solent Baits

Yes they do. In Portsmouth mate, along with Baits R Us.

Ian.

A good guy to deal with and a honest man imo, had some very good frozen large proper blacks from him from time to time when tides and conditions allow and was well pleased.
Had some mucky squid also which was pleasing to the eye also cannot say about other stuff 🤷🏽‍♂️
Last time had any bait from them was pre Christmas and assume still trading.

Yes they do. In Portsmouth mate, along with Baits R Us.

Ian.
Well next time you are in:) tap him on the shoulder and tell him his hearing aid batteries are needing renewed as he seems unable to hear his telephone ringing, to almost coin a fishing phrase "anytime anywhere" it defies belief that a phone could go unanswered so many different times and days oh and it appears pointless leaving a message, that's just a waste of valuable breath, needless to say he left the stable door open and this horse has bolted, not your fault and thanks for the prompt reply wingnut55, but you do wonder how some people remain in business

A good guy to deal with and a honest man imo, had some very good frozen large proper blacks from him from time to time when tides and conditions allow and was well pleased.
Had some mucky squid also which was pleasing to the eye also cannot say about other stuff 🤷🏽‍♂️
Last time had any bait from them was pre Christmas and assume still trading.
Just seen your reply, he might have the best baits in the world but of no use to me or anybody else if he will not pick up the phone

Well next time you are in:) tap him on the shoulder and tell him his hearing aid batteries are needing renewed as he seems unable to hear his telephone ringing, to almost coin a fishing phrase "anytime anywhere" it defies belief that a phone could go unanswered so many different times and days oh and it appears pointless leaving a message, that's just a waste of valuable breath, needless to say he left the stable door open and this horse has bolted, not your fault and thanks for the prompt reply wingnut55, but you do wonder how some people remain in business
Know what you mean but found will answer Mobile more frequently and landline earlier of the morn if not got hands covered in bait.

Order online then.. ;)

Ian.

Order online then.. ;)

Ian.
There's a dam good idea, but and there is always a but if he cannot be bothered to discuss my requirements there is no way I am trusting him with something as important as frozen bait, and as you would appreciate bait is the most important item of tackle, different perhaps for small items of tackle from known manufacturers but the inability to even pick up the phone speaks volumes and is a red flag in my book

There's a dam good idea, but and there is always a but if he cannot be bothered to discuss my requirements there is no way I am trusting him with something as important as frozen bait, and as you would appreciate bait is the most important item of tackle, different perhaps for small items of tackle from known manufacturers but the inability to even pick up the phone speaks volumes and is a red flag in my book
Must say far prefer to speak to people and would not have ordered mine online in first instance and understand the frustrations and your point very true, suspect is one man band pretty much or close to it but if you do speak to him suspect you will warm to the man.

I buy loads of bait from Solent Baits and Bits R Us online, never had any complaints about the quality from either and delivery.

Ian.

I buy loads of bait from Solent Baits and Bits R Us online, never had any complaints about the quality from either and delivery.

Ian.
And I totally accept that and hope it continues for you, but appreciate it from my point of view 400 or 500 miles away, in the first instance you want to know the bait , it's quality, is it as described, how will they pack and post it what and who to contact should there be carrier issues, you lads are probably spoilt down south for bait options but further north people have been let down and it arrives a pile of sh*te both in quality, size and condition and there is no comeback from that distance and often people are left wondering if they are getting the leftovers that those going into the shops are refusing

And I totally accept that and hope it continues for you, but appreciate it from my point of view 400 or 500 miles away, in the first instance you want to know the bait , it's quality, is it as described, how will they pack and post it what and who to contact should there be carrier issues, you lads are probably spoilt down south for bait options but further north people have been let down and it arrives a pile of sh*te both in quality, size and condition and there is no comeback from that distance and often people are left wondering if they are getting the leftovers that those going into the shops are refusing
Just to add confidence had some squid which never arrived on appointed day to wife’s work place and phoned the guy who explained if not delivered on time it’s a automatic reorder or refund as down to driver/ courier but seriously impacts on his reputation and was not happy bunny.

I googled "Solent bait reviews" earlier and they seem to have some fairly good reviews.

I googled "Solent bait reviews" earlier and they seem to have some fairly good reviews.
They have good reviews Dave, but a bit short of stock for some items, such as Black Lug, Sand eels and Squid at the moment. ;)

Ian.

I tend to use Baits R Us more. But they are short of Sand Eels as well, I think that's a country wide problem though.

Ian.

Was creaming over the quality of large frozen black lug i bought more than once and quite far apart but could not always guarantee the large and offered to pay and order up front and wait but not possible to do so.
can only say found him good to deal with and brutally honest and the contract with couriers interesting but at end of day down to the driver in some cases.
Have had nightmares with some but not with bait, no longer fish worm baits but a bucket with a couple dozen live hand dug blacks in water certainly gives confidence until second rod fishing manky squid fishes better.😂

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back