• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East Semphire pt2

Paul

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Well decided for a second day at semphire , started off quiet with a couple of nibbles on a 2 hook flapper with lugworm then a small ballen , then a couple of dogs for the missus one on lug other on cuttle , the back to quiet so put a float out despite the strong winds 30min later a little pollock took the float from along the wall baited with a strip of bluey over the next couple of hours a small pouting and 3 more dogs for me then the rod bounces off the rest with the biggest dog of the day , quick rebait and back out than a lovely ballen , and the final fish of the day another little pollock on the float. all in all a most enjoyable day despite the wind , must have 20-30 mackerel bashers out at semphire today only heard of one mackerel being caught , tight lines all

Attachments

• IMG-20220508-WA0016.jpg
    IMG-20220508-WA0016.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG-20220508-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20220508-WA0008.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG-20220508-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20220508-WA0005.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 22
Great catch report thank you. I love catching pollock on float. Great fun ???

Well decided for a second day at semphire , started off quiet with a couple of nibbles on a 2 hook flapper with lugworm then a small ballen , then a couple of dogs for the missus one on lug other on cuttle , the back to quiet so put a float out despite the strong winds 30min later a little pollock took the float from along the wall baited with a strip of bluey over the next couple of hours a small pouting and 3 more dogs for me then the rod bounces off the rest with the biggest dog of the day , quick rebait and back out than a lovely ballen , and the final fish of the day another little pollock on the float. all in all a most enjoyable day despite the wind , must have 20-30 mackerel bashers out at semphire today only heard of one mackerel being caught , tight lines all

Haven't fished there for a few years, I remember it as providing plenty of small fish but being a tackle graveyard if fished close in.

The first Wrasse is a Corkwing, not a Ballan

Nice report & photos Paul - well done mate! ????

Haven't fished there for a few years, I remember it as providing plenty of small fish but being a tackle graveyard if fished close in.

The first Wrasse is a Corkwing, not a Ballan
Thanks for that , I wasn't sure as i know ballan can vary a lot

Nice mixed bag ??

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back