• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North East One out of two sessions

Stevie69

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Well I gave it a go again at the weekend.
I went down to my local beach two hours before low water intending to fish it back and in for a few hours. The wind was light southerly.
Stood on the top of the beach tops the sea looked spot on and I could see some boulders sticking out of the water, I thought I would chuck a lure around them to see if there was anything knocking about.I finally got down the steps my knee playing up again I made it to the waters edge, feck the sea was coloured chocolate I couldn't see the sand in two inches of water and the colouration went out for about 300 yards1000015459.jpg1000015462.jpg1000015460.jpg1000015463.jpg.I still gave it a go chucking out a pachinko thing on the surface to make loads of splashing on the top nothing. I tried chucking out seekers and jerking the life out of them nothing after 3 hours I gave up☹️. Struggled getting back up the steps got to the car and went home thinking there's always tomorrow.
Sunday.
My mate phoned me saying him and his son were at the north gare I asked about the colour of the water and he said" it wasn't to bad", so off I went at 4 oclock. Got there and the sea didn't look to bad a bit of movement big lazy swells and breaking on the beach. I was talking to a bloke coming off who said he'd had one out about 4lb and returned it so things were looking up. My mate and his son jumped into the spot he was fishing and said they were staying there. I fished the same spot I was at last time. On went a white sandy Andy weedless and out it went. I waited till it hit the bottom then started the retrieve 3 turns of the reel and a small pull and bang fish on, it gave a canny little scrap then I had it at my feet 38 cm I was buzzing 1000015290.jpg1000015292.jpg.
1000015481.jpgI carried on till 6.30pm and had nothing else but no blank😁. My mate had nothing again☹️. I explained to him I must of had about 30-40 blanks before I got my first bass and people kept telling me keep trying once you've got your first one there'll be no stopping you they were right. Well till next time probably next weekend 🤣 have fun👍.

Well done, shouldn't you be codding by now? 🤣

Great photos Stevie and a good report. Nice Bass saved the blank. 🎣🎣👍👍

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back