• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North west shore fishing advice for newbie

paulusa

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Hello all.

I'm looking to try sea fishing from shore and I'm looking for advice where would be a good place/venue to start. I live in bolton, so somewhere on north west coast, not too far away. I would go lure fishing and I'd like to catch a mackarel or anything to be honest. Anywhere that's not very crowded would be ideal.

If anyone got any suggestions and advice i would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

Welcome to the Madhouse Paul. No help from me I'm afraid - I'm way down in the South West.

It's a welcome from me as well.

Welcome Paulusa. I'm on the Fylde coast and fish all over from Anglesey to Stranraer. Lure fishing from the shore is patchy anywhere away from Anglesey as the sea is generally very coloured by the prevailing winds stirring up our relatively shallow and sandy seabed. That's the reason I've got boats for inshore and furtherafield. PM me if you want more info as I don't advertise marks online😉

Last edited:

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back