• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North of the North Part 2 ( Shetlands)

Stone

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Boat
So day 2 of the Shetlands trip took a bit of a turn..
With the weather changing for day 3 & 4 of the trip..
We opted for a longer day for Day 2.
It started out with an early start to get the slack tide and try for the elusive Haddock..
But we struggled to start with ..
So opted to go look for the cod instead..
Wasn’t long before we were hauling up solid lumps of fish.. IMG_5917.jpegIMG_5913.jpegfew hours of fishing and we drifted onto the Haddock again
With some solid lumps coming onboard
Biggest went 8lb
IMG_5906.jpeg2bd4433e-393e-4cc7-9c11-345f20a6737d.jpegef0a24f4-afe9-4105-b957-f6a1379adbb5.jpegIMG_5924.jpegAction was pretty non stop with over 50 sizeable haddock and plenty smaller stuff put back..
Coalfish and a small Redfish also putting in an appearance ..
At one point I tried a live bait Coalfish to try tempt a Scottish Halibut..
With in seconds of it hitting the Bottom I was hooked up..
But only a 20lb cod..

IMG_5898.jpegThen we had a double hook up with the myself and the skipper
Both pulling in 19lb Cod eacha7c8d107-0d0d-40be-856e-4deeecccff10.jpeg9dc7c1ab-18e7-44a7-936a-7dbef9e79d7e.jpegone little bit of Drama when one of the guys dropped his rod over board..
After this happened in Norway and the skipper managed to cast his lure and catch the rod..
We had no such luck with several attempts to no avail the Rod was lost..

As we all ended the drift and wound in the rods.. one of the guys was surprised when he had some strange braid wrapped in his lure..
Not realising what had happened ..🙈
The other lads were quick to help and lone behold he had snagged the lost rod ☺️
Another unbelievable moment..
After a 15hour day we had a box and Half of Cod and Haddock with a few ling thrown in..
Back to shore and celebrate the day we had..
With Part 3 and final day’s fishing to follow ..

Attachments

• IMG_5919.jpeg
    IMG_5919.jpeg
    671.4 KB · Views: 3
Well done! Some stonking Cod, and nice Haddock too. I much prefer Haddock to Cod to eat. Looking forward to part 3! 🎣🎣👍👍

Great follow up report, and more fantastic Cod etc. Nice one. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Cracking fish great
Pictures - looking forward to the next report

I would love to find some haddock out of my port!

I have had v small ones once or twice.

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back