• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Nice Boxes

Trampster

TSF Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
One of the guys on U-no-where yesterday mentioned some nice strong recycled plastic storage boxes, similar size to a seat box, that he had found at Home Bargains for £7.99!
Good tip off, but Home Bargains don't have them online, plus our nearest store is over the border in Cornwall.
So I've been digging this morning, as I could do with a couple for tackle storage. £22.95 each from eBay! Some sellers do dream!
After some more digging, I found that B&Q stock them for £7.00, although only in a boring light grey. That will have to do - have ordered a pair via their 1 hour click & collect service, and me & Jeepy are going to sneak out on a mission soon. They do look good and have some good reviews.

If you could fit some hinges, and cut 2 slots for a strap, they'd make a cheap seatbox.

Back way back when, I made up a storage seat box with 10gal F&E (feed and expansion) heating tank with lid. Bolted some marine ply, with s/s screws/washers from underneath; then painted the top with yacht vanish. Worked a treat for over 20 years.

Love the 'make it yer sen' approach. Did something similar to make a tackle box for the kayak, similar box, water pipe rod for rests, old chopping board for the lid that doubles as a bait prep area. Good grief I spent near a fiver making that.

Just found mine at the back of the shed, Loads of old stuff in it. I had cut a couple of slots in the side and fitted a canvas type shoulder strap I might just resurrect it.

They are not kidding when they say those boxes are heavy duty! They are made of thick strong plastic, and quite weighty when empty. They are quoted as being able to support 360Kg, and didn't flinch when my 100+Kgs stood on one last night! ?? Very pleased - now I can empty the crap out of my other boxes and they will all stack nicely together! ??

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back